Holy COWS is this cool!

Karl Brogger

I'm moving my shop next month, and I've been shopping around for panel saws. I'm a big fan Striebigs and have found one locally that I might buy.

Poking around on Striebig's website I found this video. I'm starting to think I should save my pennies for one of these:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NufZzSBj8s

I'm not sure what they cost. I'm guessing in the $40k ballpark.

Last edited:
wow that is quite the saw karl.. they got about everything covered i would say..you would need to do alot of work to warrant that much in a panel saw.. nice piece of machinery though,, acts alot like our paper trimmer at work..i would think you they should have it able to do a complete cut list from the available size of sheet as well with all those registration spots on it. just put a sheet up there let it gather the size and then do the layout of the cuts its elf for best use of the product.. the grooving is a nice feature as well must be multiple cuts to get that huh..:thumb::thumb:

Wow that is some saw. Found this a while ago. You can build your own for a fraction of the cost.

http://www.plansnow.com/dn3087.html

Best of Luck!

This was my first though when I saw the Streibig... while it's a NICE saw, as much as I would use a panel saw, the home made version would be more economical, plus I could probably use my existing skill saw and only have to buy the wood.

This was my first though when I saw the Streibig... while it's a NICE saw, as much as I would use a panel saw, the home made version would be more economical, plus I could probably use my existing skill saw and only have to buy the wood.

I agree Chuck...WOW is the best word I can come up with....that thing is a monster....in a good way!.

Someone sent me this mink.....is this what you built?

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f9/plans-panel-saw-11277/

Trust me, a home made jobby vs. even the basic Striebig there is no comparison. I've used a few of their models and the quality has always been top notch, even on the really old ones that have seen alot of hours. If you didn't need one that often, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I plan doing almost all of my sheet stock cutting with one. Something they don't show on the video is that you can stack up three sheets at a time and whack through em' in a hurry. Which is nice for bulk cutting partitions, ends, or just doing the rips for decks.

I just thought the automatic cutting was slick. You can be stacking, or getting the next sheet ready while its cutting. A sharp blade and a constant feed rate would leave a very clean cut.

Its not really automated, you can load a cutlist, but I don't think it does nesting the way a point to point setup would, (which if you're going through enough material is a complete waste anyhow), I think it just loads the sizes and you go from there. There's no control by the machine where the sheet is.

Dont home depot have panel saws like that. Maybe not the same level of sophistication but look the same in terms of rack and rollers etc.

Wish they had one of these then the cuts would come out better.

Nice machine though. What a load of work that would be needed to justify it.:eek: