Collet Extender

I use a router sled from the book by Bill Hylton to straighten warped boards. There are times when the bit is too short and I have to raise the warped board. An easier way would be to put a collet extender in the router. So I'm looking at the CMT extender. I would appreciate comments from people who have used the extender. I'm mainly concerned about vibrations and run-out of the extender.

Thanks, DKT

I put one in my Hitachi M12, the >> Xtreem-Xtenstion <<, it was time consuming to set up right the first time, had to fiddle with it, but now it is set up, it works great. Biggest thing is to leave a small space between the end of the extender shaft and the bottom of the collet on the router, if they touch, you get a ton of vibration, so there needs to be a space.

I'm sorry I don't have any experience with the CMT unit.

I have the cheap-o Woodline version and it does not give me vibration problems (I was surprised due to the reasonable price; $20 at the show). The collet design is not self-releasing so at first I though it had a problem; it was just functioning as designed.