Violin Makers Wood New Pics

You may remember the curly maple that I got and said that I also bought the contents of the garage loft. Well finally got our schedules to meet as to where I could pick up the wood I bought. When I talked to him he ask if I was bringing a trailer. Couldn't figure out why I would need it. I looked up in the loft real quick, not that much up there.

Well here is the first load. Need to get my eyes checked. I am taking the trailer next time.

DSCN0031.jpg
\

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

Last edited:
Be sure to stack and sticker that wood pronto.
Maple loves to spalt. Might be one of the fastest spalting woods there is.
When I was in Indiana there were a couple elderly bachelor brothers who would bring fancy maple to a gun shop owned by a friend of mine. The stuff they brought was downright delicious. Must be something about that part of the country to grow so much fine maple.
You have many fine projects to look forward to. :thumb:

Looks like a great haul, Steve. :thumb:

Be sure to stack and sticker that wood pronto.
Maple loves to spalt. Might be one of the fastest spalting woods there is...

I don't think dried lumber that's been in a barn loft for years is at risk of spalting, is it? I thought spalting happened in green wood. :huh:

Looks like a great haul, Steve. :thumb:

I don't think dried lumber that's been in a barn loft for years is at risk of spalting, is it? I thought spalting happened in green wood. :huh:

Dunno. :dunno: I was given a lot of maple that had been stacked and stickered outside for a couple years. Most was under tarps and such. I stacked and stickered in my garage and turned a fan on the stacks. A year later much was spalted. Go figger.