G0453Z Arrives

glenn bradley

FedEx was early. Fortunately I work very near home. As usual with FedEx Freight, crate arrived fine. Also as usual, the driver wheeled it right into the shop for me. Also as usual, the driver refused a tip. He did take a can of soda and a bottle of water for the road though.

Attachments

• G0453Z.jpg
    G0453Z.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 76
I have most of the slime wiped off. Everything seems to be in order. The gearbox is low on fluid as the many warning labels state. I have some I picked up for just this occasion. I will have to ponder how to de-palletize it. I think an engine hoist and a strap around the built-in lifting bars may be the easiest way to do it.

Attachments

• G0453Z 001.jpg
    G0453Z 001.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 68
hey glenn do you have a mobile base for it or just gonna leave it stationary? and you did get extensions on it right? come on guy lets go we want to see its work..

If I'm not mistaken Larry it comes with the cast iron extention wings and a built ib mogile base. Thats why I'm also thinking very hard about getting one.

Congratulations Glenn. First thing that came to mind for me is "thats a big moma" and in Arts terms making a hybrid from Billy Joel ..You moving to the uptown boy and ...........Mama, If that's movin' up then I'm giving up";):D:rofl:

Have loads of fun firing it up Glenn. Sure is a looker.

You must have a huge Xmas list to get through or you just won a lottery for a rough sawn lumber yard full of timber.:D

Here i thought you were a hobbiest.:eek: Is this part of the retirement planning:rolleyes:

hey glenn do you have a mobile base for it or just gonna leave it stationary? and you did get extensions on it right? come on guy lets go we want to see its work..

Cast iron extensions and a built-in mobile base similar to my G0490X platform. Here's a commercial pic: g0453z.jpg

You must have a huge Xmas list to get through or you just won a lottery for a rough sawn lumber yard full of timber.:D

Here i thought you were a hobbiest.:eek: Is this part of the retirement planning:rolleyes:

I've been thinking and scrimping and saving on this one for about a year. An ear problem has cut back on my scuba outings so there's some instant money that can be re-directed :mad:.

I knew I was close and a recent trashing of some walnut parts with reversing grain pushed me over. I would have to save a LOT of wood to pay for one but, I have been rat-holing a few dollars here and there for awhile .

As to being a hobbyist . . . I do believe I may be slipping over to the "enthusiastic hobbyist" side of the line. I'm still way under what some folks have lying around the shop in hand planes, I'll tell you that much :laugh2:.

I do have visions of this being one of my purchases that will be around longer than I am. This will definitely put a crimp in my Lee Valley, Rockler, etc. type purchases for awhile :doh:. A buddy of mine is stopping by for some cap-stone molds I am making for his front yard hardscaping. I told him to wear work-boots because he is gonna help me dance this thing off the pallet before I hand over the molds.

Last edited:
Hi,

I seem to have a son who is very rich or on the verge of bankruptcy. Of course when you can sell an itsy bitsy round walnut table for a couple thousand, who cares.

Glenn is the quiet (well not bragging) type. He has made some beautiful stuff. I hope he pursues the woodworking thing like any other business so he has a good base for when he gives up all of the "get information from here to there" business that occupies all of his time now.

It is sure nice (for me that is) to be able to call him whenever I have a WW problem. The problem with that is: as I keep getting better, he is getting even better and I can't catch up.

I wish every father was blessed with a great son.

Enjoy,

Jim

I'm guessing that he must have had a pretty good teacher at some point along the way, probably for more than just woodworking... :thumb:

Hi,

I seem to have a son who is very rich or on the verge of bankruptcy. Of course when you can sell an itsy bitsy round walnut table for a couple thousand, who cares.

Glenn is the quiet (well not bragging) type. He has made some beautiful stuff. I hope he pursues the woodworking thing like any other business so he has a good base for when he gives up all of the "get information from here to there" business that occupies all of his time now.

It is sure nice (for me that is) to be able to call him whenever I have a WW problem. The problem with that is: as I keep getting better, he is getting even better and I can't catch up.

I wish every father was blessed with a great son.

Enjoy,

Jim

Hey Jim, i was always taught a saying that goes " The apple dont fall far from the tree" i think you and Glenn fit that bill. You both great people and as far as i can see real good woodworkers.:thumb: