Unemployment map

one scary graphic that's for certain. Gives me pause... here I am a year out from my planned migration to VA, At this point, my job here is solid, but there's no job for me in VA when we move. :eek:

actually there Is a job for me... it just involves long hours, lots of self promotion and a large dose of luck. I'm going to go work for myself... And I look forward to it every day now... I've got a great job here, but that's not enough to keep my family in NY, and I have obligations I need to face down in VA.

Last edited:
Saw that a while back, and yeppers, it's not real encouraging, is it? The unemployment rate here in LA County was at 12.2% in the latest published report (June figures). That's one club I'm not enjoying being a member of. :rolleyes:

now that just purty:eek: not!!!! and this probally doesnt show those who ran out of unemployment becasue there not on the list after they are used up there benifits... more political clouding of real numbers..:(

Ouch, that hurts :eek:

It also doesn't show small Mom & Pop companies whose owners have gone belly up and are not eligible for unemployment.:(
I hate political spin no matter which side of the fence you are on.

Guys, I debated putting this up. Obviously I finally posted it. I do not know how much time it took to create something like this. I am a visual learner and seeing this just shocked me to no end as being a public school teacher in the outside of the "mandatory classes" my job has been on the bubble for the past two years and we are being told we are going to lose as much from the state again this year as we did last year.
I am sorry if this is creating pain. And as much as I am frustrated with the leaders and lack of leadership, I do not want to go there in this thread if it is at all possible. (I don't want to create work for the Mods).