Its Friday Yehaw ....kick back and enjoy

A line in one of the songs says "i know a guy from New York City, never been south of Queens"

reminded me of the first time i set foot on American soil.

I had been on a plane for 17 hours and we landed at Kennedy airport. Then got a chopper over to Manhattan with a couple of NYers that had just been out of New York for the first and only time in their life.

When the chopper landed and we got out, they got down on their knees and kissed the ground. Said they aint leaving again ever.:rofl:

I never forgot that incident something real funny in it to me when you think of how "street smart" you gotta be in NY.

Oh but its changed a lot since then.;)

My son just found out he has redneck in him so he is exploring the C&W music. Guess i finally educated him and got him to give up the rap for a few minutes.:rofl::rofl::rofl: Now we go from 50cent Rap through to Toby Keith and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fulz4ytZ54 all in the space of 15 minutes. :rofl:

My music choices are very eclectic and from different languages. Oddly I like roots and bluegrass music, but very, very, very little country or western. On the other hand my wife is a big country and western fan. When I drive her car my hand automatically turns the radio off to pre-empt any kind of "music" that might be playing. Then I set it to my favorite NPR station just to mess with her.

Rob, that first video you linked to brought back memories of my traveling rock band days, although from a bit different perspective. Our entourage was made up of eight guys...five of us onstage, a light man, sound man, and manager. None of us looked too frightening, but there was some long hair involved, and sometimes clothing choices that the locals might not have thought of. :D

When we'd show up at a restaurant to eat, quite often the whole place would fall silent as soon as we'd walk in the door. All the dinner conversation and clinking of eating utensils would come to a dead halt. It wasn't uncommon for the hostess to seat us in the banquet room in the back, for fear we'd scare off customers. (Despite our looks, we were quiet, polite and courteous.) One time as we were leaving the back room of a Denny's some hick town in Montana or Wyoming, we walked through the main dining room, and just like our entrance, the place went silent. Right as we got to the door, our sound man turned to the gape-mouthed diners, took a bow, and announced "And we do tricks, too!" :rofl: