Darren's Shop

My wife seems to think so, she made the comment "so I'm never going to see you again now". I told her I'd put in a web cam so we could chat once in a while. Then she made some comment about it being big enough for my cot...:dunno: ;)

:rofl: Sharon and I even IM each other when we are on the computers less than 30 feet away. Saves on shouting...

I may have to order one of these for the shop too...
attachment.php

http://www.stationbay.com/what-happens-in-the-garage-tin-sign.html

Attachments

• garagesign.jpg
    garagesign.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 212
Well, after getting the xmas tree up and all the other stuff drug down from the attic I got some more shop time in today. I got all of the boxes wired and a new circuit ran for the outlets on the outside of the office, then got some of the osb hung on the outside.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like the press for the osb lost some bolts in the pressing process, two impressions on the same board. This one is about 4" long, the other about 3".
attachment.php

attachment.php

Rob, I thought you might like the John Wayne tins. :thumb:

Attachments

• IMAG0412.jpg
    IMAG0412.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMAG0414.jpg
    IMAG0414.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMAG0416.jpg
    IMAG0416.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 196
  • IMAG0417.jpg
    IMAG0417.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 196
well i saw the beginnings of darrens new home and he isnt a pack rat,, if it stays in one place to long its gone..so i am sure this new living space will be free of clutter:)

I finished hooking up a couple of new circuits, one which fed the outlets on the outside of the office. Other than that I didn't do much on the shop other than clean-up, really needed a good sweeping. I did get the shroud put back on the Radial Arm, but will probably move it to the outside wall once I've got it buttoned up.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0418.jpg
    IMAG0418.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 209
Good going Darren, now whats the temp looking like in your shop given the new insulation etc or are there still significant places of draught entry like the doors?

It's better than it was, but only because I cut some major drafts out along the base plate and sealed up around the windows. I still don't have a ceiling in the shop, and will be without for a while. The office is being built first, then the finish room, so I can have a warm place for glue-ups and finishing. All in good time though.

Drywall is up!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Also got the osb up on the outside of the east wall, so just need to put the decking on top for storage use.

Attachments

• IMAG0421.jpg
    IMAG0421.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMAG0422.jpg
    IMAG0422.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 177
Go Darren, go. Things are moving along nicely. Its great to have a place to share your progress as we all get to ride along and its fun to look back at your progress as you move ahead.

Any plans for a window? Or is this going to truly be a 'cave'? :D

There is a window, it's on the wall with the OSB on it, just didn't catch it in either of those pics. It's high off the floor, about 44", then it's almost 48" tall in itself. Will have a counter on that wall under it as well as to the right of it. It's covered with the black plastic here, still need to cut the osb overlapping it down to the top of the rough opening of the sill...

attachment.php

Last edited:
Got the decking on for the storage are above the shop. Should get the rest of the upper walls buttoned up this weekend, as well as the walls mudded. No pics tonight...too tired.

Darren