First Shop Photos

What a great space!.....Best of luck with the new digs. I think everyone at one time or another have wished to have a clean slate to work with. Congrats:thumb:

Hi Cynthia,

Oh I am drooling over the empty floor and blank walls. It would be fantastic to start from there. Make plenty of use of MS Visio, or AutoCad, or whatever drawing software you can manage. If no softwear, cut out pieces of pasteboard for DP, TS, etc. and move them around. It is MUCH easier to correct erroneous errors in thinking at this stage than when everything is real, heavy and inconvenient to change.

Cynthia is a great name in my book. I hired a young lady named Cynthia. She was really bad at the job...However, her father was close friend. It made it very difficult to fire her.

Finally I decided I had to bite the bullet and let her go. Just about that time she got it all figured out. She turned out to be one of the best employees I ever had.

It started out something like. Cynthia would you write a letter to xxxx here is where you will find the address. Then it became Cynthia write to xxxx and tell them yyyy. Then it became, Cynthia write to xxxx and she would interrupt me and say, "I did that day before yesterday."

Then she spoiled it all. She got married to a guy with asthma or something and they had to move to Phoenix for his health. Dang it. Life just isn't fair.

Anyway, I like the name Cynthia.

Have a great shop and a great life.

Jim

that is a very nice sized garage for a home shop. I only have one suggestion, and that is before you start setting up house in there, install adequate lighting and youll be a much happier person further down the line when you get old like me.
Looking foward to seeing you bang out a whole bunch of projects.

Thanks so much, all, for the warm and wonderful comments--I never expected so many.......I'll keep you posted.

You're not gonna believe this but I fell down a flight of (outside) deck stairs this morning (they're slippery when wet if you ever come to visit :rofl:) and broke a bone in my foot.....all I've got to show for it is a pair of crutches and "it's not serious and it won't hurt so much in a week or so...."

Anybody know what to put on some old 2 X 12 treads so they aren't so slippery, but that you can still walk on with bare feet?

The worst part was I broke my favorite coffee mug :eek: .....

Bummer about the foot. Carpet on the stairs. My 2 cents. Or a sprinkling of an abrasive in the final coat of finish.

Take care of that foot. Don't push things there. There are so many bones in there and to have it healed wrong would be a life time of misery.