Family Woodworking Hand cut dovetail challenge anyone?

Rob Keeble

Seeing Tonis post on Handcut Dovetails put a thought in my head for a little fun and competition hopefully sucking a few spinny guys in too if they read the neader threads:D.

Anyone feel like we do a handcut dovetail thread where those that enter undertake to do a hand set of dovetails lets say at least once a week for a month.

Rules i suggest would be

1) Each time you do them you post a pic in the thread and date them as Toni did.
2) Then members participants comment and at the end of the period we select, you choose your best effort and put it forward in a poll vote by the members for the handcut dovetail champ.
3) Winner gets to be the Family Woodworking Champion 2010 Handcut Dovetail Champion. Dont know about a prize yet? Any suggestions.

When Chuck put forward his spinny snowman competition we all had to ship the snowmen to the winner. I cannot see this being of value with a odd set of handcut dovetails. So open to suggestion.

Any takers interested??:)

No fancy wood needed. Any offcuts will do. Wood will not count in the judging only the joints. Of course you can do more than one per "say week" and only put your best foot forward for the week.

So how about it?

Open to all members, even spinny guys Larry.:)

It sounds like a fun idea, but I my plate is full until winter on "noise reduction" projects. If I can get my unfinished house improvements completed, then the noise from across the table should subside. Heaven forbid, if I should be caught making practice dovetails! They don't make noise canceling earmuffs that could allow me to survive that blast.

It sounds like a fun idea, but I my plate is full until winter on "noise reduction" projects. If I can get my unfinished house improvements completed, then the noise from across the table should subside. Heaven forbid, if I should be caught making practice dovetails! They don't make noise canceling earmuffs that could allow me to survive that blast.

I thought this was a brave post.