Riping Bevals on a table saw

Ron Roase

Just would like to know how most of you rip bevals on a table saw? If the blade tilts to the right,do you have the rip fence to the right or the left of the blade? I have found that if I have the fence to the right on a 45* rip when putting the beval on both sides of the board,the thin edge wants to creep under the fence. So I have been putting the fence to the left of the blade so the thin edge is in better contact with the fence. Is this a safe practice or am I an accident witing to happen.:dunno::D

When I had a right-tilt saw, I did it the way you describe - fence to the left. I was never comfortable trapping the offcut between the blade and the fence.

Now, I have a left-tilt saw (Shop Fox Cabinet Saw) and am much more comfortable cutting bevels with it.

From what I read between the lines your bevel is small enough to try to slide/fit between the table and fence? If so, turning the board over and reposition fence so the bevel is up it will ride on the fence without sliding under. Clear as mud? That is what I do. Might not be correct, but it has worked for me. So two fences on the saw and you can cut one side then the other on both sides of the blade.