Old stuff up for sale

Paul Gallian

In Memoriam
A local farm auction - this weekend...
this is just a few of the many tools for sale.
I have nothing to do with sale!

Pictures posted because of the hand plane lovers in the family -- Luddites :D.

Last edited:
Steve, all you have to do is tell Paul how much to go on each plane/tool and then he can mail them to you. Figure in his time/buyers/finders fee. See, all better now! (your welcome!)

Man, some of those look like real oldies but goodies. Hopefully one of the plane experts will chime in, but I suspect that wood-bottomed Bailey might be worth some good money...I'd guess many of the others may also be desirable to a collector.

it looks like the whole set is there, this tool box doesnt look raided at all.. the one drill is intersting the handle part being bent metal rod??? ken what are we seeing there?

...I suspect that wood-bottomed Bailey might be worth some good money...I'd guess many of the others may also be desirable to a collector.

That early "Bailey" transitional caught my eye, too. Transitionals aren't usually very valuable, but that one looks to be a 'pre-Stanley' model, so it should bring some good money.

I also liked the miter saw guide - sort of a portable miter box.

Like Larry, I have no clue as to the strange upper section on that drill.

Paul, I did a little picking around and found that auction, this morning. AuctionZip, is great. Hard to tell if it is double sided or not. Picture is a little too grainy.

Paul, are you going to the auction? My guess is that stuff will go reasonable. Very few locals want the old stuff.

If it wasn't for the state fair this weekend, I would give some thought to going. You know it really ain't that far:D

I am still waiting on Rob to pick up on this. He would probably ride along.

Steve,

Yes because my wife wants to bid on the cane bottom chairs.

I really am not fond of tool that you do not plug-in. I do have many things that I collect but not tools...

This auction is less than 5 miles away -- easy trip and a short trip home if we do not see much that we want to wait around for...

My wife and I go to at least 3 auction a month don't buy much any more but I do like to people watch.....

Steve I would bid for you -- but I do not know what I am bidding on -- good or bad! too much or dirt cheap.. just ignorant concerning old hand tools.

paul

Last edited:
Just a question, how do you guys find out about these auctions?

I guess classified ads?

I didn't see a section on craigslist.

Thanks!

In SW Mo. most auctioneers post listings in local newspapers not just one paper but many small localized newspapers -- example Crane Chronicle, Marionville free press, Aurora advertiser - and sale flyers in the mail -box. Also the Big Nickel which is a free print of just people selling stuff.

My wife follows via web listings from several Auctioneers. There are about 10 auctioneers in my area that have sales from early spring to early fall (a few rent space and work inside year around).

These are farm auctions, Old people moving to assisted living (giving up their home - sad), some are down-sizing and moving away. almost are outside and are subject to weather. The Dealers are in abundance and pick the best and will out bid you...

We have several within 30 miles each week-end.

Paul, thanks for the offer, but I must pass. Just not the same as being there:thumb:

Brent, go to AuctionZip.com, plug in your zip code, plug in how many miles out and wham, you have a list. The trip is to find and auction that has pics attached to it. Look them over real good. The stuff we want, is usually in the back ground.

I seen my regular auction guy tonight. He told me Aug28 is one with a bunch of antique tools. Sad when one has become so predictable.

Hey Steve

What are you wanting me to chime in about. I am a user not collector. :D

I have pretty much all i want. Only looking for a saw vice but push comes to shove Leonard Lee has a wood make your own version in his book. Dont see no saw vice in these pics.;)

Thanks for posting them Paul.