Scrap Wood Gifts

Ron Roase

I have a couple of guys that are always helping me with my computer isues,Not very good with them. So I wanted to make something for them and saw this on Woodwisperer. I Had some Curly Maple and a piece of Cherry. It is a pencil box or Pencil holder,what ever you want to call it. For the top of there desk. Was simple and fun to do.:D:thumb::rofl:

Attachments

• pencil holder.jpg
    pencil holder.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 147
Ron i dare not let my wife see those. She has been on to me to make her some of those for ages. They look really nice.:thumb: Ones she wants need to be made in wood she can paint. So i got some pine to do it.:D

Thanks to all for the reply. It has beenvery hot here, in the upper 90s and due point in the 70s. S0 even with a fan on it is warm in the shop. But once you get a project in motion,you don't seem to notice so much.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks to all for the reply. It has beenvery hot here, in the upper 90s and due point in the 70s. S0 even with a fan on it is warm in the shop. But once you get a project in motion,you don't seem to notice so much.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

looks very useful ron but i see your from minnesota,, how are you have such warm weather its could in my parts and i am right across from you:)

I thought the same thing Larry 'till I looked at the date. Ron posted that in August!:eek::doh:
You actually missed welcoming Suzanne Pacheco to the family. She resurected this thread with her post today.

Welcome to the family Suzanne!:wave::wave::wave::thumb::thumb:

Lovely. First thought was, what great kitchen utensil holders.

Welcome aboard, Suzanne. :wave: You're right...those little boxes could be scaled to fit longer things like kitchen utensils, or even a cylindrical glass vase insert. Pretty easy to make, but with nice hardwoods it'd look great. :thumb: