Wow, what a shop

Can't see how anything else might fit, but I bet he'd be able to! To be fair, it is a very large space to begin with - must be at least 1200 sf, probably more.

looks like it would difficult to make any thing very large in there and the work flow is horrific.. any one got a idea what the machine across from the large RAS with the power feeder is??? my pc takes forever to load parts of this clip so i havnt went back to look again but he does have alot of stuff packed everywhere

looks like it would difficult to make any thing very large in there and the work flow is horrific.. any one got a idea what the machine across from the large RAS with the power feeder is??? my pc takes forever to load parts of this clip so i havnt went back to look again but he does have alot of stuff packed everywhere

It's a shaper, I just went and looked.

Everything is shiny. There are older pieces of equipment, but the knobs and surfaces don't show any normal wear or oxidizing. The only sawdust was by the table saw and drill press and that looked staged. All the hanging table saw blades still had crisp markings on them. All of his wood storage was cutoffs.

He's a collector, not a woodworker. But it is an extensive collection.

Last edited:
+1 to that comment...there is no room for big projects. But the guy is organized,...you have to say that about him. He has to have a ton of money invested in everything there.....Amazing

Lotsa stuff, but the most inefficient layout I think I've ever seen.

The only sawdust anywhere is on the Hitachi chopsaw.

His tablesaw might have a six foot long outfeed, but it looks like the infeed side is only about four feet deep.

He sure likes his roller in/out feeds, doesn't he?

Looks like the power feeder Larry was wondering about is closer to the router table than anything else. :huh::huh::dunno:

At the very end of the first aisle, there's a picture board on the floor that has pictures of old Ford woody wagons. Wonder if that's his real hobby?

Oh yeah - I counted five dust collectors in there, too.

His shop is a nice tool collection.. but look at the link to his dad's shop. It's pretty impressive. Looks like he's actually used his tools a bit over the years too :)

I read he stated he built furniture for all his kids and granchildren.
theres no reason he couldnt build bedroom sets in that area.
One piece at a time, he has plenty of build space on those two tables.

I think i am going to write to him and complain. He is missing a Rigid osc belt sander:rofl:

I dont have a problem with small spaces but that place made me claustrophobic. Way to cramped or crammed in for my liking. You dont need that many chop saws to make toys for grandchildren.:huh:

Yeah Steve wait for the auction.:rofl::rofl::rofl: The vultures are circling eh!;)

I read the article, he stated he worked for Home depot and porter cable, so Im sure he had many opportunities to pick up tools at incredible prices.
I dont know how it all works, but I just bought some flooring from a guy who works for sears. Sears.com sold some flooring that the store doesnt sell and it was returned to the store, and they put it on closeout since they dont stock it, and he gets his employee discount Im sure, so he gets alot of stuff like that.
If I worked for tool guys, Id probably pick up alot of rebuilds and tools guys didnt want to pay to repair.