I love my wife

allen levine

She asked me yesterday why I havent bought the saw that doesnt cut your fingers off yet.(the sawstop)
she doesnt care what it costs, she asks me if I think my thumb is worth 2000 bucks.
Gotta love this woman.
As soon as I finish up what IM working on, and shop gets taken apart I told her.

She asked me yesterday why I havent bought the saw that doesnt cut your fingers off yet.(the sawstop)
she doesnt care what it costs, she asks me if I think my thumb is worth 2000 bucks.
Gotta love this woman.
As soon as I finish up what IM working on, and shop gets taken apart I told her.
In spite of all the flack Sawstop has received, and some of the magazines that ran the ad, it seems as though they were right on the money claiming that their saws were "wife approved". After all, who cares more about you and wants you to keep all your digits? (apologies to those who feel the ad should read husband approved :wave::D - it can go both ways)

Dude I would have been on the horn already having it delivered:thumb:.

Don't care what anyone thinks about the saw or owner but it's one awesome saw. We have a sawstop ICS at work. One of the guys tripped it buy accident trying to cut metal laminate. I almost couldn't find where the blade had touched the material. Hopefully it wakes up the other manufactures to start getting innovative cause they missed the ball with this one.

Last edited:
Congrats, Allen. She's a keeper for sure. A SawStop is one woodworking tool my wife would be very glad to have me buy, and she's said so. Just don't have the bucks to pull it off right now, so it'll have to wait.

Gotta love this woman.

Can someone explain to me what's great about this sawstop?
thanx and congrats Steve. wonderful news.

cynthia, do a google search for sawstop and watch the you tube videos,, this saw will not cut your finger it has a brake system to prevent it..as long as it is on and not over ridden.. great saw for a safe cut.

The key thing is even with the saw stop, it pays to practice safe methods when using any power tool, even one with a brain like the sawstop.

If you are doing something on a table saw and it doesn't feel right, it isn't. Stop, think about it and consult the manual.

I think of the sawstop as being like airbags. If you drive safely and defensively, you'll never need it. But every now and then something will come out of left field and then it'll save you.

Many people have used non-sawstop technology saws over the years without using fingers. Those folks followed the rules.

So, I'd say, make sure you learn about how to use the table saw safely, and you'll be fine... The saw stop just adds an extra degree of safety for those who use the table saw properly.

And on top of everything else, it's a darn fine piece of engineering...

After therapy yesterday, I went out(without her knowing ofcourse, like a little kid sneaking out of his room when hes punished), and wanted to plane down and get another cutting board ready for someone. I have to start getting rid of all the short pieces, so Im making alot of boards with them, and this board is 2 inches thick. So Im cutting it on a makeshift sled, and she walks over and sees my hands pretty close to the blade. THIS IS what sparked up the conversation and sawstop topic again. Ofcourse she made me stop working and come inside.
Im going to retire this year, and that will be my retirement present.

the board:need to sand it down, round over the top, and Im going to put rubber feet on it. She told me to make another one this weekend, thats too heavy for the elderly lady she was giving it too. She wont be able to lift it.like 12 x15 inches, not the prettiest, made a mistake with the line up/glue up.......better than the wood going into a campfire.

Attachments

• bed 627 (Medium).jpg
    bed 627 (Medium).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I do not intend this for a pun but will a insect the size of a bumble bee stop the saw blade ?

hey allen ,, where did yu get that shiny buffet you show in the picture??? shore does look purty up close.. must have gotten it in a furniture store some where huh:D:D:thumb:

I do not intend this for a pun but will a insect the size of a bumble bee stop the saw blade ?

I doubt it, as the bee would have to conduct part of the charge that the blade carries.

I would have to be one big juicy bug :D

How about a lightning bug? Those run on batteries don't they? :rofl:

In all seriousness Ray, I don't think an insect has the right mass and composition to set the saw. Remember, the saw has to be running in order to have the sensor active. That would have to be quite a bug with exquisite timing to trigger the SawStop.

I have a SawStop PCS and it's a great saw. I bought it because I was concerned that one day I'd make a mistake and cut myself badly. In addition to the cost of the injury, I could lose some use of my hand.

Never regretted the purchase.

Mike