Bar Top Finish

Tony Bilello

I am about to bid on a job where the owner wants a Bar Top Finish. I have never done this before and am looking for people that actually have used this stuff. I will be using Envirotex because that is what I can get locally. These type finishes are probably all the same or close to it. Anyway, I don’t need info on cost or mixing. I need info for the actual application. The person I need to talk to locally is on vacation this week and next week and I want to get a price out by Monday morning. From what I gather, it is not difficult I just have to work fast.
What do I really need to know?
Thanks in advance.

a two part Polymer floated on top will make an excellant bar top. A friend reciently built a basement bar and every evening he would layer on another heavy coat of Gloss Polyurethane, sanding between coats, eventually he leveled out the wood surface and created a top similar to a polymer top.

Of course it took him weeks of his time, every night, but the result was worth it.

Thanks all

I have the product information sheet on Envirotex and has pretty much all the info I need. I was wondering if they left out any tips that would be helpful. Sometimes manufacturers omit little things like that.
I am appreciative of Larry's offer, but I think Per just uses typical mirror finishing techniques on conversion varnish or lacquer - not sure. Customer wants the pour-on finish.
Larry, if Per also does pour-on finishes, then yes, I would like his tel. no.
Thankj again to all.