How hot is it?

Paul Gallian

In Memoriam
Have I ever said it is hot ! Not a hot idea - not a hot date- not hot tamale -- but hot - hot - hot - hot.....

Yesterday a few showers then a brief cooling then back to hot with extreme high humidity - like walking in a sauna and breathing hot water...

It is hot -- did I say it is hot -- well it is hot...

Have a nice hot day....

We have set a new record and then broken it the last two days. We have had the hottest 10 day period ever recorded. Then broke that yesterday and may have set a third one today?

102 today and unreal humidity. Like walking around in a dogs mouth.

Last edited:
And we're still having unseasonably cool weather here. Today was the first day in over a week that our air conditioner came on. That's unheard of for the middle of August. :dunno:

Been nice here, but next week is supposed to heat up. Not looking forward to it,so I feel for you guys with the high heat and humidity....

It's been around 100 here the last week or so. Nothing like last summer when it was over 100 for 39 straight days (or something like that). Shop temperature in hot weather is usually right at outside plus 10 degrees.

even the snow state has had a fair amount of warmth this year dont know the records but we have had alot o fhigh 80's and the last three have been 90's all with the wonderful built in sauna effect..had a cool spring but were making up for it now and we also have had out of norm rain amounts..

Hotter than haidies here. Rain has been splitting at our county line (follows a river). Been watching Larry and Indy getting a lot of our rains as they split and go North or South. Crops could use a drink, missing another chance this morning at a good shower.

Same here, heat-humidity, humidity-heat

My air in my classroom has been out since the start of school and It's been a joy having 30 little heat/humidity generators sitting there. Nothing like trying to teach when it's hot and sticky.

Many of the local HS/MS football teams have been having to move practices to 7 or 8 in the evening just so they can practice. The state athletic body instituted a heat rule last year and if the heat index is 104+ you must stop practice. Probably one of the smartest things they've done in a long time.

Like Paul (we are about 125 miles apart) it is hot-hot-hot here. At or above 100 many days in a row. Dangerously hot. I don't really mind too much. Take precautions, drink plenty of water, rest when you feel even a little tired. I still do outdoor work but in shorter spurts. Hardest part is staying neat and clean. I don't mind getting all sweaty and grungy as long as those I'm around are similar. But trying to remain civilized looking, and smelling, is problematic.

Hot , man it got hot this year and no AC in the shop I know it hit 110 in here a few days. We also get humidity that is sometime enough to make you puke or pass out with the heat. I can take the dry heat but when the humidity is up I just plan suffer through it.

with the outside temperature so high, I am thinking about the workers that feed the steel to the open furnaces and we must not forget the walk -in freezers workers