GUITAR BUILD #2 IN PROGRESS....

Update for 9-1-10

Well, it's finally starting to look like a guitar. I spent today mounting the neck and the pickups. It appears that I still need to develop some sort of "string-thru" system for this type of bridge system...a realization I wished I'd had prior to adding a finish, but we'll figure something. :huh: There's always risk with anything that penetrates the finish at this stage, but it is the back, and I'm not sure there's a viable way around it....if we don't go thru the back, he'll need to remove the bridge everytime he restrings it. Suggestions welcome! :thumb:

jgitter025.jpg

jgitter024.jpg

Still to go - wiring of the pups and switches, mount the 5-way switch & pots, put some screws in the cover, and string it....then we'll see if it sings! This will hopefully be the last of the documentary style posts on this. Once finished, I'll make a new post for a completed project.

It's looking great, Scott. :thumb: For the through-holes in the back, I wonder if you might be able to find some brass grommets or something similar at McMaster-Carr or Stewmac that would protect (and cover) the edges of the holes.

I like the coil splitter in the volume pot idea. I've never wired one that way, but I've always thought it was a good way to do it.

Darren, that's what I had in mind. (And you're right...ferrule is the right term, not grommet.) Should be an easy fix, Scott. :thumb:

coming along fine scott and i dont know where the two piece went that you had one pice for at the begining, but i was gonna suggest you just make your piece over to the right size the metl part but i quess you done got it under control as it is..that green is gonna dazzel the ladies scott,, so be sure to warn whomever gets this guitar:)

Things weren't looking so good last night after 4 tries with the wiring scheme, but I got up early this morning, did complete rewire tweaked the neck, and voila! It's alive! :guitar::headbang: Still some adjustments and cosmetic touches to finish up, but I'm relieved it's done. Gonna recuperate and spend the day at a park with the family. :thumb: