Cherry Platters #1,2,3

Pete Jordan

These are some cherry platters that I finished this week. They are all 14" by 2" and finished with BLO-Shellac- and Poly.

All comments and questions are welcome.

Attachments

• Cherry Platter #1.jpg
    Cherry Platter #1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Cherry Platter 1b.jpg
    Cherry Platter 1b.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Cherry Platter #2.jpg
    Cherry Platter #2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Cherry Platter 2b.jpg
    Cherry Platter 2b.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Cherry Platter #3.jpg
    Cherry Platter #3.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Cherry Platter 3b.jpg
    Cherry Platter 3b.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 28
Very cool Pete :thumb::thumb: Do you have an angle shot to show the contour of the tops...and did you us a vacuum chuck to finish the back :huh::huh:

Sweet! :thumb: Great job all around. I like the detailing on all of them. Man, you sure get some great cherry in your neck of the woods.

nice platters and the cherry begs to be touched,, are those for some church to use for donations? look to be the right size for that. if not maybe there is a possible sales area for some pete.

nice platters and the cherry begs to be touched,, are those for some church to use for donations? look to be the right size for that. if not maybe there is a possible sales area for some pete.

Our church doesn't use collection plates. They have you march up to the front and make the donations.

Very cool Pete :thumb::thumb: Do you have an angle shot to show the contour of the tops...and did you us a vacuum chuck to finish the back :huh::huh:

Next time I get the camera out I will shoot another angle.

Yes, I do use a vacuum chuck with a Oneway 8" inch chuck. I would be lost with out it!

Vaughn,

I haven't forgotten about the burl I promised you.

...Vaughn,

I haven't forgotten about the burl I promised you.

Another one? :D I sure won't turn one down, but as I recall, you've already sent me two, so don't feel obligated. The first one didn't work out, but the second one became this:

HF054 - 06 800.jpg

BTW, that hollow form has aged beautifully into a rich golden brown color. :thumb: