Happy Dance ....... Happy Dance!!! I DID IT!!

Stuart Ablett

I did it, I did it............ I DID IT!! :D:D:D:D:D

Today I rode 46Km/29 miles :headbang:

I went down to a place called "Daiba" they have this HUGE wind turbine there, it was NOT going for some reason today, even though it was windy...?:dunno:

I left late, like 5PM and it had cooled off a lot, came home in the dark..... Well, Tokyo never really gets "THAT" dark ;)

I think I like these night rides, I am going to get one of those orange and yellow vests with the flashing red LEDs on it and go for more night rides, way cooler, and a LOT less traffic too, not to mention fewer peds :thumb:

wind_turbine_cannondale.jpg

The steed at the wind turbine

wind_turbine_stu.jpg

At the 22Km/13.5 mile mark of the ride, yep I'm tired, but I'll stop for some cold water and a banana and then head home!

Today, my wife and I had discussed going out to Costco for our monthly shopping trip, but today was the last day of summer vacation (we don't get a day off, so I tend to forget the rest of the country takes a few days off) the traffic on the express way was backed up for miles and miles.....

traffic.jpg

.... sure glad I don't have to deal with that! :rolleyes:

I also tried to take a pic of the night sky and skyline, but I was as the peak of a very long fairly steep bridge and I was shaking.....

tokyo_night.jpg

...... and the light was fading, and.... hmm, can't think of any more excuses for the lousy pic :huh:
Oh, I know, I took it on my iPhone, not the best camera out there :D

So, that is 2 hours and 23 minutes of riding and my cycling computer says 19.3Kmph or 12mph, still not fast, but lots of starts and stops with traffic.

I just weighed myself for kicks 264 pounds :eek: I was 269 this morning, now I know most of that will be water, I did drink about 3 litres on the ride, but I'm sure most of that will be back on tomorrow morning :(:

Oh well.:rolleyes:

I really tried to not shift down for the long sloping hills, also known as bridges, I just slid back in the saddle a bit and pushed harder, boy a few times did I ever feel the burn in my legs, but that is good,I'm building muscle!

Now I need to eat, but I'm wiped, and it is 930PM here, and I've only eaten like 860 calories, I think I'll ask my lovely wife to cook me some chicken saute and have some genmai rice (brown rice) that will add some protein and some complex carbs :thumb:

Oh, I did have about two small gulps of some new beer we have from a mirco brewery here, it is Mango beer, it was GOOD :drool: OK that puts me over 900 calories....

Whoo Hoo!

That is a longer ride than I'm training for!

Tomorrow I do the second day of my running program, boy my legs are going to hate me :doh:

Thanks for letting me share!

Up until a few minutes ago, I had only eaten 906 calories today, but my lovely and talented wife made me this.....

honey_mustard_lemon_chicken.jpg

.... Honey Mustard Lemon Chicken :thumb: I also had about 100g of Genmai, which is the healthy brown rice.

Bath and then bed! :wave:

Dangit Stu, I'm getting worn out just reading your posts. :p Congrats on the progress. It's nice when your "lifestyle changes" start to show dramatic results. :thumb:

I did it, I did it............ I DID IT!! :D:D:D:D:D

Today I rode 46Km/29 miles :headbang:

Now I need to eat, but I'm wiped, and it is 930PM here, and I've only eaten like 860 calories, I think I'll ask my lovely wife to cook me some chicken saute and have some genmai rice (brown rice) that will add some protein and some complex carbs :thumb:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

That's the way to do it, Stu.

I remember in early '08 when I started training for a long distance ride... I just rode around town at first, and realized how few km I was getting. Then I started heading out of town in order to get in some major distance. I used to stop at the 15km mark to eat and take a break, and then head home... A few months later I built up to regularly doing 50-60km rides, and then 75-100km rides with other folks training for the ride. Eventually, instead of a "long distance", I came to regard 15km as "almost home"... :eek:

Now I'm out of my training regimen, and I couldn't do that right now.

But it IS manageable, keep it up.

Oh yeah, and I came to love a glass of chocolate milk after a long ride. I learned from other riders that the milk + sugars are actually good for you at that time.

ttfn
...art