Mitersaw Blade Question

I've been using a 8 1/2 inch Hitachi Sliding Miter Saw with a Tenryu 80T carbide saw. I don't care for the saw so I bought a 10 inch Ridgid standard miter saw.

My question is can I safely use the 8 1/2 blade on the 10 inch saw ?

I make parts for a company that I have to cut 1 x 1/2 oak. I get the stock in 14' lengths, I stack the stock 7 pcs at a time. Each part requires 132 feet ( 4 pcs @ 18" and 5 pcs @ 12") I like the blade because I get a cleaner cut on the ends. I have 2 new 8 1/2" blades and I sure would like to be able to use them.
The same blade in 10" runs around $120.00

I have orders for 800 pcs which equates to 105,600 feet, a lot of cutting and a whole lot of sawdust.

Thank you for your help.

not sure if you will get the cut your after jiggs, the ten inch saw is made to have so much travel with a ten inch blade if you put on a 8.5 blade your not gonna get the same depth of cut you had with the slider.. not sure of your new saw but that old saw is one good running saw. as for safty factor i would say you would be fine ,but try it first with scrap so you dont mess up your customers stock.

Like Larry said, it will reduce your depth of cut....about 3/4 of an inch. I doubt that you will see a difference from your old saw, as far as the cutting you do goes.
And I've always heard that the Hitachi 8 1/2" slider is a sweet saw too. Part of the reason I got my Hitachi 10" slider. But as long as the arbor size is the same, and I'd bet it is, you should be fine. Jim.

FWIW, I have both the 8 1/2 and the 10". I would put the smaller blade on the bigger saw and see if I could get the saw motor to go low enough to make a full cut.

I know $120 is a bunch of money, but it you are making money then the right blade is money in the bank - your bank. If you compromise your product's qualities you may lose your customer. Also your saw shop ought to be able to sharpen your blade to cut to new performance. Mine can. And he also can recommend a less expensive blade to get the job done right.

As I said, FWIW....

Jiggs,
For a good, but less expensive, 10" blade, take a look at the Infinity Tools 80 tooth blade. It was on sale a couple weeks ago for $69.00, with free shipping.

I put one on my Makita slider, and I really like it a lot. Actually, I like it as well - maybe even better - as the Forrest Chopmaster.

Jiggs,
For a good, but less expensive, 10" blade, take a look at the Infinity Tools 80 tooth blade. It was on sale a couple weeks ago for $69.00, with free shipping.

I put one on my Makita slider, and I really like it a lot. Actually, I like it as well - maybe even better - as the Forrest Chopmaster.

+1 on Infinity. I'd also consider their 60T Hi-ATB 010-060....it's great for TS, RAS, CMS, or SCMS. Very comparable to the Forrest WWI. On sale for $60.