Milwaukee Bits on Sale - Amazon

glenn bradley

I just picked up a couple hundred dollars worth of bits for about $35 with free shipping here.

Mil's bits are no Freud or Whiteside but they are generally worth about half their MSRP in my experience.

WOW...just got mine

55 bucks for about 400 worth of bits....this deal won't last loong

Thanks Glenn!!!

By the way..I just received my order and these new Router bits are outstanding..A+++++

If they still have the ones you need, order them with no hesitation. I ordered some more. I now have paid $75 for about $500 bucks worth of bits.

Good luck

Hey Dom and Glenn

I have a few questions to ask about these bits. I only by 1/2 inch shanks now so when i look at those left in the half inch shanks it looks to me like they are very long bits. Like 4 1/2 inch length and 2 inch or more cutting length. That is a very long bit for anything you wanna rout. I am trying to figure out the use of some of these. Sure they are a bargain at the price but i aint sure i will ever use them. There are very few with a bearing that are half inch shanks.:dunno:

Hey Dom and Glenn

I have a few questions to ask about these bits. I only by 1/2 inch shanks now so when i look at those left in the half inch shanks it looks to me like they are very long bits. Like 4 1/2 inch length and 2 inch or more cutting length. That is a very long bit for anything you wanna rout. I am trying to figure out the use of some of these. Sure they are a bargain at the price but i aint sure i will ever use them. There are very few with a bearing that are half inch shanks.:dunno:

One of the bits I got was for Cabinet door lips....1/2 inch collet. Huge bit. But doing 3/4 inch stock should be no issue with it. There is a space on top for a bearing. The Dovetails I got....one in 1/2 and one in 1/4 were perfect. No complaints here Rob.

Like 4 1/2 inch length and 2 inch or more cutting length. That is a very long bit for anything you wanna rout. I am trying to figure out the use of some of these.

I have a Freud, 3" cutting length, 1/2" diameter flush bit. It was used to dress the layers of my laminated MDF workbench top. I picked it up for a song at a show and it is not the sort of thing I would buy 'just to have handy'. I have had no other use for it since ;-)

P.s. They were already running out of the more popular profiles later in the day that I posted. It was one of those luck of the draw sorts of things like the Norton 3X sandpaper sale at Peachtree, I checked the site 4 hours after I got the email and they were out . . . whew!

Last edited:
I have a Freud, 3" cutting length, 1/2" diameter flush bit. It was used to dress the layers of my laminated MDF workbench top. I picked it up for a song at a show and it is not the sort of thing I would buy 'just to have handy'. I have had no other use for it since ;-)

P.s. They were already running out of the more popular profiles later in the day that I posted. It was one of those luck of the draw sorts of things like the Norton 3X sandpaper sale at Peachtree, I checked the site 4 hours after I got the email and they were out . . . whew!

Here is a pic of some of the ones they shipped me. Raised panel bits were 9 bucks...the Grey ones are the new ones. The slotted bits were 5 dollars I think.

Attachments

• 100_0701.jpg
    100_0701.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 23
Mine finally got here today. Not bad for $30

Glenn....question for you. The larger raised panel bit. I bought one as well. What router are you using it on or are you using a shaper? Second question....are you going to use the bit at the height you want, or are you going to make a lower pass, then raise the bit?.....just curious....before I send some cherry flying through the air:D

I ain't glenn, but i can't resist and I like to talk ... so... :p

I'm gonna use mine in my Milwaukee 2 1/4hp router with the speed turned down pretty low. I'll be taking multiple passes for sure. Two reasons - hogging off that much wood will surely tear out the wood I would bet, and second - that 2 1/4hp router prolly ain't up for big gulps, just nibbles :)

Glenn....question for you. The larger raised panel bit. I bought one as well. What router are you using it on or are you using a shaper? Second question....are you going to use the bit at the height you want, or are you going to make a lower pass, then raise the bit?.....just curious....before I send some cherry flying through the air:D

I ain't glenn, but i can't resist and I like to talk ... so... :p

I'm gonna use mine in my Milwaukee 2 1/4hp router with the speed turned down pretty low. I'll be taking multiple passes for sure. Two reasons - hogging off that much wood will surely tear out the wood I would bet, and second - that 2 1/4hp router prolly ain't up for big gulps, just nibbles :)

I run a Milwaukee 5625 and it spins 3-1/2" bits no problem. I have to remember to take incremental bites as the router just doesn't care ;-) I have a Woodpecker PRL lift so I set the full depth with the fence, set my full height and then lower the bit down to a starting height that allows me to move it up about an 1/8" at a time ending with about 1/32" final pass. YMMV.

Cherry can be prone to burning. I try to follow a method that I read somewhere once-upon-a-time; take about a square 1/4" of profile per pass. This varies but is a good image to have while deciding how much of a bite to take at a time. If I am running a 1/4" straight bit, for example, I would make 1/4" deep cut per pass. If I am running a 1/2" bit, I take about 1/8" per pass.

More elaborate profile and panel bits get a W.A.G. as to what would be about that amount per pass. Smaller bites seems to result in less tearout (if any) and the final pass removes any darkened material I might have picked up due to heat. Do remember to run your larger bits at low speeds. I run 3" and larger bits on my lowest setting which is about 10,000 rpm. Again, this is what works for me, YMMV.

And Jason thought he liked to talk ;-))

Thanks Jason and Glenn. You both answered the question for me. Sorry for the dumb question, but I was just curious as to how others do it.

Thanks again:thumb: