maple vase

Well here is a vase i made for my aunt. It's 8 3/4 x4 1/2 With the finial it's 13 1/4. It will be going to NY as that's where she lives. That spalted bowl will be going with it also.Not sure if she will want the finial on it,but if she don't she can always keep it off. She asked me to make her a bowl and vase, so this is what i'm sending her. Hope she likes them, showed my mom them in a e-mail and she thought she would love them. This is my moms little sister so i hope she's right.:)
Steve

Attachments

• 002 [800x600].JPG
    002 [800x600].JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 004 [800x600].JPG
    004 [800x600].JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 005 [800x600].JPG
    005 [800x600].JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 006 [800x600].JPG
    006 [800x600].JPG
    126 KB · Views: 36
If she doesn't like them, she should go see Jim Bradley and get her eyes checked out. :D The vase and bowl are very nice, but you absolutely nailed the finial. It has clean, crisp details and the shapes and proportions look spot on to me. :clap: You're stepping up your game nicely, Steve. :thumb:

I don't see why she won't.

Really nice work.
Thanks Mohammad. Still whating on some pics from you.:D

Well if she doesn't love them I know where else you could send them! Looks great to me! :thumb: :thumb:
Thanks Brent. if for some reason she don't maybe they will take a trip out west.:rofl:

Thanks Chuck

:thumb:...........very nice
Thanks Dan

If she doesn't like them, she should go see Jim Bradley and get her eyes checked out. :D The vase and bowl are very nice, but you absolutely nailed the finial. It has clean, crisp details and the shapes and proportions look spot on to me. :clap: You're stepping up your game nicely, Steve. :thumb:
Luckly at 70 she don't see as good as she use to.:rofl:The finial was turned from some crab apple i have,and it turned nice. thought it would have more color in it, but the smaller i got all i had left was the sap wood. Did seem to take detail well though.:)

i agree with vaughn you nailed the finale and the whole batch is great ..again your pictures are spot on steve,, and i like the reversed curved edge on the bowl.. :thumb::thumb:

i agree with vaughn you nailed the finale and the whole batch is great ..again your pictures are spot on steve,, and i like the reversed curved edge on the bowl.. :thumb::thumb:
thanks man if it hadn't been for you i never would of known about using gray as a back ground. So again thanks a bunch.:thumb:

If she doesn't like it Stephen, I do. Great job.
Thanks Chuck.:)
They are both very, very nice and your Aunt is going to be a very happy individual.
Thanks also Paul.:)

WOW...One of these days... What would you think about a contrasting ring on the base or a collar? It couldn't get any better!!:thumb::thumb: