Friday , What's ya gone do..........

Wedding shoot tomorrow!
Congratulations Ned! Good to see you getting started in the business.

I'm done removing the popcorn ceilings and everything has been smoothed and painted. I also completed removing all the ugly pink tile from my fireplace. I have several days till my wood arrives for my feature wall in the dining area. So, today I pick up the entry door I ordered for the shop and I think I might have it installed by Monday.:thumb:

Going to a meeting today, probably make some calls from our political party headquarters. Tomorrow going to a politcal district convention. Sunday our daughter is coming to visit for a couple days, and let Daddy buy her a new set of tires.

Sat, auction, of course. Looks like several hand tools could be available. (For those that have spoken up, I have your wants) Saturday night is Bristol race, hearing it will be on ABC, so I can watch it. Probably the last NASCAR/ WWF event I watch this year.

Sunday, church and birthday party later that afternoon.

Somewhere in all this mess, comes homework. I really need my head examined.

getting new casters for the work benches, and taking the lathe off it's metal legs and make a nice, sturdy base for it on the rolling platform i made. i just need to get some measurements first, so i can get it to a comfortable height.:D:thumb:

I'll be heading down to help my Nephew paint his house. All the siding is fixed and trim is replaced where needed. There's a bunch of us showing up, so hopefully it will get done pretty quickly.

Shop time will be mostly spent turning a few more small, relatively inexpensive things to stock up for another show in Malibu next weekend. Also have a big Michigan chocolate platter in the process of getting the finish applied. :D

Going out Saturday with my wife to find a new cell phone for her brother. We've had his phone on our family plan for a few years, but his old phone is either not working or it's lost, so it's time to go choose another free one for him. Apparently he can't be bothered to go pick out his own phone, so I get dragged into it instead. :rolleyes: Not sure why we're bothering with it. His old phone was almost never charged, and when it was, it wasn't turned on. Plus, he never did figure out how to get his voice mail messages from it, so it was only useful for outgoing calls if he had it charged and if he had it with him. :bang:

Not much shop time this weekend other than cutting up some pen blanks so that I can ship them to someone. Tomorrow after a morning bicycle ride (45 miles or so), the family and I are going to a friends cabin on a local river for few days. I'm not sure what the girls and wife are planning on doing, but I expect to get a few hours in fly fishing! :thumb:

Next weekend I'll begin a cabinet project. I've got a 7' section of base cabinets to build and install in our recently remodeled utility room. Should be fun to get back in the shop after a summer's worth of outdoor projects and miscellaneous activities.

We've had his phone on our family plan for a few years, but his old phone is either not working or it's lost, so it's time to go choose another free one for him. Apparently he can't be bothered to go pick out his own phone, so I get dragged into it instead. :rolleyes: Not sure why we're bothering with it. His old phone was almost never charged, and when it was, it wasn't turned on. Plus, he never did figure out how to get his voice mail messages from it, so it was only useful for outgoing calls if he had it charged and if he had it with him. :bang:

HA! Sounds like one...wait...both of my kids. :rofl:

Sailboat time for us. Only 4 weeks till we take it out on the lake.

Brent thinks he will be painting the bottom. I'm relegated to wifely duties of cleaning out the interior and putting stuff back in. (Don't tell him...I think my job is going to be easier :rofl::rofl:)

Just got to get an early start...it warms up pretty fast and just makes we wish we were on the water already.

Met a guy from Wisconsin from another forum that was in town visiting and needed to cut some wood for a project he got roped into. He came by tonight. Had a good visit and met another nice woodworker. Tried to find something I needed to use the 25% off Rockler coupon on, but the only thing I can think of that is with in the funds I have available is a Drill Doctor, and if I factor in gas, it's still cheaper on Amazon. So I'll wait. Guess I could go ahead and get another adhesive tape measure for the saw, but again, the gas would eat up more than I would save. Should have waited to get the Master Plate I got a couple weekends ago with the 20% off coupon.:doh:
Need to get my rump in the shop and work out my drop in feature for the multifunction cabinets, and build the shelf to use there for the Kreg Jig. I've got everything to do it with, but it's just too hot.
Do have to run errands with my wife, since she is still not cleared to drive. At least she feels like getting out to shop some. Jim.

Install the oven and warming drawer so loml has somewhat of a functioning kitchen. Then I've done a mockup of the cooktop and downdraft venthood in the shop so I can fabricate the duct work from scratch and get that cabinet installed. If I have any time left this weekend I'll start the demo of the sink and built-in shelving to so I can finish with the install and start the granite tops.:wave: