Funny thing happened to me on the way to the church...

Ned Bulken

The wedding shoot yesterday was in the town of Booneville NY, which was hosting the annual Woodsman's Days festival, dedicated to the logging industry in the adirondacks. Saturday at Noon the parade started... half of the town was tied up with parade participants including the parking lot of the church!

p364789553-3.jpg

p72974133-3.jpg

Turners... think this would help move some turning stock?
p410204491-3.jpg

p1204067-3.jpg

There were also some Handsome Class 8 tractors (& trailers)

p303503210-4.jpg

p409875192-4.jpg

Cool pics, Ned. :thumb: Seeing those big black lumber haulers reminds me of a semi tractor they used on one of the jobs I worked as an inspector. The job was at a ski area in Arizona (now called Sunrise Park Resort), and we were building a base commissary at the bottom of the mountain and a large day lodge at the top of Apache Peak at 11,000 feet. One of the locals owned an old black Mack, made sometime in the early '50s as I recall, and it was geared down like a son of a gun. Top speed was only about 60 MPH, but it could climb a cliff. The suppliers would show up at the base of the mountain with a load of lumber, steel, or other materials, unhitch their loads, and the old Mack would pull the load up the ski run we were using as a road to the top.

So Ned ,

Was the bride standing in the door to the church tapping her foot looking particularly venomous while you were cavorting around taking pictures of the trucks and stuff? :rofl:

Those are some great pictures of some very interesting vehicles. I love to drive cool vehicles - being a computer programmer doesn't help me much in that endeavor.

@BOb Gibson - Yes - the 2 wheeler riding next to the Cooler Scooter looks like the motorcyce the Pawn Stars guys bought and rebuilt. I love that show.

Thanks for the pic's Ned. Good Luck with your photography business.

Cheers

Jim

So Ned ,

Was the bride standing in the door to the church tapping her foot looking particularly venomous while you were cavorting around taking pictures of the trucks and stuff? :rofl:

Those are some great pictures of some very interesting vehicles. I love to drive cool vehicles - being a computer programmer doesn't help me much in that endeavor.

@BOb Gibson - Yes - the 2 wheeler riding next to the Cooler Scooter looks like the motorcyce the Pawn Stars guys bought and rebuilt. I love that show.

Thanks for the pic's Ned. Good Luck with your photography business.

Cheers

Jim

Jim
thanks! & you're welcome, re the pics. No, because of the parade 'everyone' involved with the wedding had to be 'in place' before 11am, for a 2pm wedding... so I was pretty much on my own for awhile just killing time before things got busy. She barely acknowledged that I was there.

I can see a lot of members on the cooler:wave::wave:
Or just visiting the cooler?
I must be slow on the uptake. Took me a while to figure out what a 2WD motorcycle is.
I'm no expert when it comes to motorcycles, but iirc the front wheel is 'driven' as well via hydraulics.

You can't believe how hard it is to buy presents for this woman. Thanks to this thread, I know what I'm getting her for our anniversary present!

With the dirt roads you have out there, you'd better get her the all-terrain model. :D Wouldn't want her to pull a "Brent" and get thrown in the ditch. :p

I must be slow on the uptake. Took me a while to figure out what a 2WD motorcycle is.

4WD all the way!

I must be even slower than Ken... until I read Brent's post I still didn't understand what a 2wd motorcycle was :eek::rofl::rofl: old age and dementia must be getting rampant in my house.:rofl:

About once a month I wake up to one of those rigs sitting in the back yard... my stepson drives for a major OTR trucking company. He uses our address as his domicile and about once a month he comes home for a couple of days... I've a place in the back yard where he can park.