Saturday's Auction

Well i picked up a couple draw knives. $25

DSCN0150.jpg

One of them has an adjustable cutting edge. Guessing so you could adjust how high you want the handles?

DSCN0151.jpg

I also picked up something else, but it will remain anonymous for now.

There was a #39 dado that went for $35, but I backed out as it was missing to much stuff. #8 corrugated went for $30, also backed out on that one. My arch nemesis was bidding and I heard that was all he wanted.

Good going Steve. But i want to see you use some of these tools.:D What about showing us the cleaned up versions from a few auctions ago.;) Think we gotta talk to loyl and have her have a chat with you on soaking up all this stuff from the auctions. You planning on opening some big barn old tool store?:D

Hey those draw knives are infectious things when you get them sharpened. The one Frank sent me got me making shavings all night long. Took a 2X4 and it ended up as a thin stick.

Rob, right now school is soaking up all my time. And I mean all. Never did I think it would be this rough. Long term should be Ok, but right now, terrible.

Most of what I buy just gets sat on the shelf for now. I do have a #3, #4 and #5 that I can use. Nothing pretty but usable. Found that I like the #3 better than the #4. Size fits me better. Winter project is to have all of them tuned. I have a whole list for the winter, probably only 1/3 will get done.

One other thing I wanted to add. If somebody ever needs something and wants me to pick it up, all they have to do is ask. If I come across a #4 and you have told me you are looking for one, then it goes to that person. I don't care if it is a #2 Sweetheart still in the box. Long as you are a user and do not plan to resale, I will help a person out. Just give me a price range and we can go from there. The next saw vice comes your way Rob.

Last edited: