C.F.S disease

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's been coming on for quite a while. I've always thought I was pretty good about putting things in a place, as chaotic as my 'system' might be, and then be able to find them again.

But today my C.F.S. (Can't Find Stuff) really kicked in.

Had to put a master valve on the irrigation system, did a little work on the boat's wiring system and running lights. Straightend up the garage a bit and then it dawned on me.

I couldn't find my darn glasses. Since I'm near sighted, I find myself taking them off fairly regularly to look at things up close. Usually I'm smart enough to wear a t-shirt with a pocket, but not today. Spent the last hour looking for them and I'm out of luck....

Oh well, I'm sure they'll turn up once I stop looking for them and just deal with the situation...

Ahh, I guess my problem is that my vision is changing. Always was able to see up close with them on. Not so much anymore. Still havn't found the darn things. Wearing the backups...

i think the neck lace thing is the best solution but you dont strike me a snecklace kind of guy:) maybe a beeper or gps module brent,, what about clap on clap off switch:rofl:

as mcuh as my wife and kids hate those things, I have one on every pair of glasses I own. At work, I have a sport tube. At home, I just use the black string type and some chains.
I dont have a choice, Id never find another pair of glasses again.

I've had to resort to the black string things myself for my up close glasses... Like Brent, my eyes have changed int he last year or so... I've always been near sighted up to about 15 feet out... then needed just driving glasses... lately my eyes have changed so I see good at about 3 feet out up to about 15 feet, but inside the length of my arms, I need cheaters. I just keep them around my neck now.

Do what my wife does - She never needed reading glasses until after her cataract surgery.

Now, we have at least a dozen pairs of reading glasses scattered all over the house. Even so, she often can't find a pair when she needs them...

Found them! :thumb:

Laying on my tablesaw fence. The fence is black, and the glasses just sort of blended in. :rolleyes:

I probably looked at them a dozen times and didn't see it. Sharon even gave the whole garage a couple of once overs.

I'm going to blame in on the fact that there wasn't anything on the table saw (I had cleaned the junk off it :rofl:)!

Look on top of your head :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not that I have ever done anything like that :huh::huh::doh:

Just did the same thing this weekend. I was cutting up cedar for my fence on the table saw (wearing dust mask, ear muffs and my eye glasses); stopped for a second and removed the eye glasses but left everything else on. When I went to resume, C.F.S hit me hard as the eye glasses were no where to be found. Well, since I also am prone to C.F.S. my solution is to have about 5 to 6 of everything (tape measures, pencils, glasses, etc.) so I just grabbed another pair and continued on!

I finally took a break and removed everything. As I was looking out the window of my prison work shop and wondering what I would do on weekends when I became free, I felt something irritating the top of my head. Sure enough it was my eye glasses. Good thing I work alone, I must have looked a little bizarre!

I have the cure for you Brent:D your NOT going to like it cause it is a baaaadddd word:rolleyes: Yep the "B" word.......BIFOCALS:rofl::rofl::rofl: Then ya never have to take them off:D:thumb:

Ever since I got these, I almost never lose my glasses...

Giant%20Red%20Sunglasses%20Costume%20Accessories.detail.jpg

9k=