driving near 33rd st

allen levine

I was coming home driving the BQE and saw the 38th st exit sign.
Should I or shouldnt I?
Eh, parking is tough, but what the hec. Its raining out, Im not in a rush.
I got a spot 15 feet from Mr. Moscowitzs' door.
No elevator though, and my myasthenic legs had to drag my fat body up 5 flights. Junkies dont care about what it takes to get a fix.

Got my spokeshave. finally. questioned him about drawknife vs spokeshave use.
Asked him about a flush saw, he didnt have any.
Then got into the orbital sander by festool.
He said let me get you one to feel.
The 6 inch is a comfortable machine, but its hefty weight would be an issue for my hand muscles weakness, so I knew Id be putting it down every 2 minutes to rest.

Didnt buy it. I used my brain, resisted the temptation.

ofcourse, I did buy the 5 inch orbital, that one fit in my hand like a glove, and was much lighter.
then I had to get 200 discs so I can go sanding crazy.

Oh, yeah, and while Im here, got any norton stones, like a set? a flattening stone?

Then I was tapped, just had enough money for some blacktop paint left and lunch. Stopped at New park pizzeria in queens, the best pizza on earth, ever, untouchable, maybe thats why theyve been there for 50 years.

got up today and assembled a chair at 7 am, so overall a nice day.

Attachments

• bed 655 (Medium).jpg
    bed 655 (Medium).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 68
well allen you need a vac now for the sander,, and they do fit well in ones hand.. but i resisted better than you:) glad you got some new toys and had good day in the shop as well..

This Moscowitz fella sounds like a shady character if you ask me. The man obviously has no scruples, what with selling tool crack to hopeless addicts like you. Taking advantage of poor defenseless middle-aged guys who've lost all self-control. It's a shame, I tell you. A cryin' shame.

:rofl:

Congrats on the new goodies, Mr. Levine. :thumb: :D

Vaughn you make me :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: man give up the spinny stuff and start a comedy act you would pack the place out.:thumb:

Allen you made me hungry. Your post was sort of like reading a Lawrence sanders novel. Detectives/investigators in New York, except you would be a tool investigator.:D

Wish you well with the sander. There is no question as to the merits of good tools.:thumb:

This Moscowitz fella sounds like a shady character if you ask me. The man obviously has no scruples, what with selling tool crack to hopeless addicts like you. Taking advantage of poor defenseless middle-aged guys who've lost all self-control. It's a shame, I tell you. A cryin' shame.

:rofl:

yeah, he is some character. First of all, he has everything out on hooks on the wall, saws, chisels, and if you dont see it, this guy moves fast, and he brings it out, opens it up, says try it out. He has a workbench set up with wood, and then to top it all off, the nerve of this guy, he tells me if Im not happy with anything after using it just bring it back!
unbelievable.

Im happy his place is just a bit of a trip for me with all the construction, otherwise it might be dangerous.

You got a keeper there Allen.:thumb: Sounds like this guy knows how to sell tools and how to please a customer. Guess he could teach your last guy a thing or two.

I saw the same sign in LV on Sat. It read " If you happen to make a purchase of something at our store, that you later regret, please return it, we want you to be happy"

Now its not the exact words but 98% close. When i saw that i thought wow these guys are as close to perfect as you can get. Well not quite cause i did not like some of their brass bits.:(

Might be? Sounds like it is extremely dangerous. It's probably a good thing I dont' have a store like that close. Nice haul though. I've been debating over my next RO sander for a while, my poor old one is almost dead.

Allen,

You could have ridden the freight elevator Allen.
There is no freight elevator service between 12-1 o'clock. If you have the energy you can walk up the 5 floors. We close promptly at 5:00 because that's when the elevators shut down. If you happen to be in our store at 5:00 you will have to walk down the stairs.

For everyone else:
http://www.toolsforworkingwood.com

Joel has very good prices, some hard to find items and his Gramercy Tools brand look nice.

Allen,

You could have ridden the freight elevator Allen.

For everyone else:
http://www.toolsforworkingwood.com

Joel has very good prices, some hard to find items and his Gramercy Tools brand look nice.

thanks for the link to allens pot of gold bill he was holding out on us,, i have heard good things about this place and quess i need to look it over sometime when i am in the area:)

Hi Allen,

Sorry, I didn't mean it in a mean way just didn't know if the freight elevator was apparent. I have never been there, I buy from Joel online.

I guess I am going to have to use those funny faces sometime in the future, but for now how about this as penance :):) :D:D :thumb::thumb: :rofl::rofl: :eek::eek: :wave::wave:

no, I was just stating matter of factly. did not mean to come across as rude.
I was aware there is no elevator, but I kinda figured with all the rain, the tough parking down there, Id be circling for a spot.
It hits home when youre 20 minutes too soon for the elevators lunch break to end, and these are huge flights of stairs, its a very high ceiling commercial building.

Last edited:
Out here in the land of strip malls and mostly 1 story stores, I'm having a hard time visualizing a tool store on the 5th floor. But that web site sure looks good. Sounds like a fun (and dangerous) place to visit.!

When Joel moved from Manhattan a few years ago, I was surprised to read that the building owner would allow retail customers to use a freight elevator. When I worked in Manhattan (many years ago) you couldn't get near one for fear of insurance suits. Times sure have changed.