Free book giveaway........autographed by author!! We Have a Winner

Would you like to be entered into the draw for "The Perfect Edge" Book

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob Keeble

Hi All

If you happen to be a regular visitor to this site, a voting member and active participant, you will have come to know by now and in some cases experienced the generosity of the members that make up the Family Woodworking Forum.

Pause for a moment, and consider, this generosity has its roots in the very establishment of the forum by the people who founded it.

The founding body of individuals gave us a local hangout where we may experience a sense of community.

A place of common insterest in working wood where
·Friendships are established without judgment.
·Life’s tribulations can be shared and burden eased.
·Shared experience is offered, to the inexperienced remembering at one time you too walked in those shoes and were it not for that mentor, or friendly advice from a friend, you may still be doing so.
·Civility is appreciated and abuse (in all its forms today) not tolerated.
·Healthy banter and humor keeps ones spirit up continuously.
·You also receive inspiration and empathy when frustration has been the order of the day.
·People care for people when one has experienced significant loss or illness.
·The list is possibly endless if one gives it some thought. Naturally each will have their own.

Having been on the receiving end of this generosity in all its forms, since I began my participation here, I have long felt the desire to give something back.

It would take a book to explain my reasons suffice to say, that when one experiences a sense of community, friendship and fellowship with other human beings as we do in our space here, I personally feel extremely fortunate and grateful.

I gave a great deal of thought to how I might be able to “pay it forward” as is our mantra.

I do not have 20 years of experience with wood (apart from burning it all that time) to offer you.

However the one aspect that has had the most profound impact on my enjoyment of this hobby we all share, is discovery of what a sharp tool can do.

This particular aspect transcends every niche of our hobby. It makes no difference if you are a carver, spinny guy, flatworker, neander, boatbuilder or bowmaker. Which ever camp you find yourself in, a sharp tool makes all the difference to the enjoyment of your time working wood.

To this end I offer you the chance to obtain free of charge delivered to your home a autographed copy of Mr. Ron Hocks brand new book “The Perfect Edge”.

Book front cover.jpgintroduction.jpg

Please accept this as my small way of saying a big Thank You to all members of the forum who have been so generous to me in all their forms of sharing.

Ron as many know, is the owner of Hock Tools a small cottage industry tool making company that imho deserves our full support if we want businesses of this kind around in our future.

about the author.jpg

Ron's book is as up to date on the subject of sharpening, as is humanly possible for printed material. It's loaded with color pictures, self explanatory for the visual learner, takes you through the theory of the metals involved and covers the sharpening of just about any tool you will come across as a woodworker.

Why Sharpen.jpg

So without further comment here are the rules.
(I get to make the rules I am told by the powers that be since it is a member give away not the forums).

1)You have to be a registered voting member. If not get out there and register. Non registered voters are not eligible.
2)You have to have posted at least 5 posts on the FWW forum within the last 12 months.
3)This time Forum Staff and Administrators are definitely included. Heck where would we be without our admin guys they woodworkers too lest we forget.
4)You can reside anywhere on this planet to participate so only space aliens don’t qualify.
5)It will cost you nothing and will be shipped to you free of charge. If you live in Japan (happen to win) and they slap a duty on it let me know and I will cover it same goes for Europe. This book will be coming straight from Rons Shop.
6)Winner will be chosen by random number from random.org as we usually do for giveaways.
7)The draw will take place within in one week from the date of this post.

All you have to do is click yes on the poll to have your name entered for the draw.

A word of suggestion. Should you not win, and wish to purchase a copy of the book, I urge you to support Ron and buy it directly from his site. He will also autograph the book for you.

Just a word on disclosure, Ron has nothing to do with this give away. This is totally my idea and being funded by myself.

I know you can buy the book cheaper elsewhere however for once I urge you to put your money where your mouth is and support the Author of a book, who it recently came to our attention, ends up with so little for all the effort that goes into the writing of an undertaking of this kind. This is a reference work. It’s not a fiction novel written to be a bestseller and have mass appeal. It was written in the same spirit that we enjoy on our forum.

Best of luck to each and everyone that enters...

Rob

Last edited:
"....ends up with so little...."

Very true. A publisher that will publish one of my novels has agreed to pay me 33 cents for each copy sold at $12.99. :(
It would take several hundred sold just to be able to take my wife out to a nice restaurant to celebrate. :eek:

Great and generous offer Rob:thumb: I opted no due to the fact that I have that book signed and personally handed to be by Ron at his shop:D Rons book is FULL of great information and knowledge and will be great to any ones book collection:thumb: I will echo Rob and say if you so not win it sure would be worth while getting from Ron (that or any of his products as well):)

Last edited:
Another great big atah boy to Rob:D:thumb::thumb: for taking this adventure on, and i too was fortunate to have the book after some major arm twisting by ron:). he's a very nice guy and deserves all of our support in his products.. he even offered to replace a set of chip breaker and iron that i mistaken bougt the wrong size:( i had two choices and picked wrong but instead of having him replace it i kept it and just bought a plane to fit:) this is very good book as others have said and well worth the cost even from a tight redneck like me:)

Rob, if only your NN took the time to get to know you. You are a heck of a good feller!! I treasure the time we spent talking at Larry's. I voted myself in, don't have the book, if you have his web address will take a look. Thank you either way, it is a win win situation as I get to enter, know you personally, quite honestly, getting the book is just icing on the cake! Appreciate your generosity and words of wisdom.

Thanks Tom!!!:thumb::thumb:
:doh::doh:Had to see that site Tom provided!!!:doh::doh::eek::eek::(
Oh well, no more weddings for dear ole dad after 9-5-10. Hmmmmmmm, wonder if the old wallet can stand actually having cash in it for a period of time???:huh::dunno::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What's up with this message?

"Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window."

What's up with this message?

"Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window."

Carol, Bluehost has been having a few glitches with the hosting servers lately. I suspect that's what caused the message you saw.