Organ Restore

Well haven't gotten much turning done as we have been on the road quite a bit since grandson is only 4 1/2 hrs away now and grandma retired. Imagine that. Anyway my sister with a little help from me is restoring a old bellows type organ from Germany. Beautiful organ and she needed a piece turned that holds the oil lamp or candle holder. One was missing from the right side. So I took the one she had and made a new one. It is oak stain with Dark Walnut with varnish as a finish to match the old finish. Nothing great but was fun to get back to the shop and reproduce a piece. She also gave me a antique chair to fix that had fallen off the pickup. It was her husbands grandmothers that was passed down to his mother and now to him. It broke both back legs in half at the seat and split the seat. I got the legs cut, sanded and put together. The seat was repaired with biscuits and the chair was sand then stain with walnut. It will get a lacquer finish. I know it is not turning but just fun to be in the shop none the less.

Attachments

• Marys Organ 2.jpg
    Marys Organ 2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Marys Organ 3.jpg
    Marys Organ 3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Marys Chair 1.jpg
    Marys Chair 1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Marys Chair 2.jpg
    Marys Chair 2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 28
Thanks guys. Rex I had thought about that but got overruled. Ya know who has the final say. Yep Grandma. If grandma ain't happy ain't nobody happy. After 43 yrs I have learned to keep grandma happy.:rofl:

Chair looks great Bernie what is the wood its made of. Picture may be a little dark thats why i am asking. You coming over to flatland now.:D or you giving Dave and Don a go in the restoration business.;).

Well from what you say i gotta get all my shop time in between my sons leaving home and the first grandchildren appearing. Other wise i will be waiting another 21 years and i dont think i have that many available to wait for shop time.:D

Thanks again. Yep I do like both but turning is my gig. Flatwork is a nice change of pace.

Jim and Rob you beat me to it. I get the last word in every arguement. Yes dear or whatever you say dear.:rofl::rofl: