Router Table Build - Complete

Like dolly Parton's coat...:thumb:

no don,,, you must have been asleep in seminary it was joesph that got that coat.. and this qo to show you that being fruqel doesnt aleays worq,, you sometimes get burnt by waiting so long to make your project.. but Quality is always better than Quanity and this is just one quaint example.:D

Finished

Sorry for not posting any construction pictures, but, frankly, most of you have already built the same or similar cabinet - most much prettier than mine - so I did not see the need.:dunno:

I put the last knob on today and ran a few pieces over it and it works great. I'm pleased.:) I started out wanting to use up as much of what I had lying around the shop to build this, and I did get by with only buying one sheet of plywood. That's why it looks like two different types of plywood, two different types of oak trim, a door frame of something else entirely (Forgive me whoever it was that gave me this wood on my trip. I knew I should have written on it when I received it.:() and a so-so book-matched panel that did not make it into another project a few years ago.

Ugly duckling it may be, but it works just fine and it is a welcome addition to the shop.:thumb:
DSC_0008.jpgDSC_0009.jpgDSC_0010.jpgDSC_0011.jpgDSC_0012.jpgDSC_0013.jpg

well done rennie,, one question though,, i dont see a bottom port for the chips but from the design you must have one is that correct? because just a top port for suction isnt enough..like the slanted shelf in the back to get the chips down for a clean sweep..

well done rennie,, one question though,, i dont see a bottom port for the chips but from the design you must have one is that correct? because just a top port for suction isnt enough..like the slanted shelf in the back to get the chips down for a clean sweep..
Here ya go Larry!
DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg
The gap beneath the door is for the make up air - small enough to keep the velocity up. (I think)

Ah, that is going to serve you well. I enjoyed my router table when I first added a crude wing extension. As I used it more and more it evolved and became an integral part of how I do things. Mine still isn't as nice as that beauty you've made. I think mine has reached that unfortunate spot in its development where it is doing everything I want right now. therefor it is cursed to evolve no further until I want to do something it won't help me with. Those laminated surfaces you used should stay plenty slick for a long, long time.

Thats a pretty table and you made it pretty quickly once you got started. But whats the Milwaukee router doing in there. With all these p'q and Q's I was was looking for a Porter Cable or maybe up to the R's and a Ryobi. Oh wait I see we did move up to the r's with a Red router....

All in all a very nice looking table and the book match really sets it off!
Well done...

Very nice Rennie.:thumb: Great dust collection method. Seeing yours i think i need to consider an overhaul. I like the idea of the top bar that covers where the bit is if you want a feather board in the middle. Nice high fence too.

Good luck with it. :thumb: