bandsaw price????

i have found a used one and dont know what the guy paid but he bought it new and wants to part with it,, he has had it for some time.. and i saw many years ago and mentioned i might be interested,, he got in touch and now is offering it to me need to talk to him on it but i can' t see why they want so much for this one??? i dont need the laquana, rennie i have a 18":thumb: but i could use a better smaller one..

Hey Frank,

The selling company is:
Wm. J. Redmond & Son, Inc.
320 Coweta Industrial Parkway
Newnan, GA 30265

By the way I believe General International designates the Asian manufactured version of the General line.

GENERAL INTERNATIONAL brand products are made to our specifications by our overseas manufacturing partners in Asia, primarily in Taiwan, and each machine is inspected and approved for shipment on the factory floor by our engineers.
from http://www.general.ca/site_general/general_en.html

Larry,

At first glance I thought it might be like the re-saw band saw that Norm uses (2 to 3 inch blade), but after looking at the specs, it is clearly not.

Something must be incorrect there. I have a Craftsman Pro steel frame 14in BS (made by Rikon) that has just about the same specs (some are even better). I paid some where in the neighborhood of $400 something for it. So for the kind of money they are asking for, I hope they throw in an entire shop.

well this is a 490 not the 690,, like i thought but still is a 15" saw,, and tom get back with me on that delta i dont understand how a guy in florida is close by???? to me:)