bandsaw price????

These guys seem to like it....

http://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/showthread.php?t=25077

They have been selling that saw in almost exactly the same configuration for over 30 years, so they must be doing something right. I guess it is for a situation where you need the saw to work all day, every day, week in and week out, not a few hours here and there on the weekends. I would think most of us would not need a saw like that :dunno: but some do, and there is a market for it.

No one is forcing anyone to buy it, they sell them and they are still in business, so maybe they know something we all don't :huh: :D

well stu, i am not paying 3grand for it!!! so its doable for my budget.. i know this was bought new by this guy and he takes care of his stuff..and i have seen the correspondence on your link as well others..and vaughn is right on the blade case but i dont think they have tires wil have to go check

well stu, i am not paying 3grand for it!!! so its doable for my budget.. i know this was bought new by this guy and he takes care of his stuff..and i have seen the correspondence on your link as well others..and vaughn is right on the blade case but i dont think they have tires wil have to go check

Larry, I'm pretty sure Ellis doesn't have tires, but Iturra quite likely does...or if not, I'll bet he can steer you to someone who does.

vaughn i went to iterura and i couldnt find any tires,, that link is kinda likea business info link not a sales link ,,at least what i got was that way.. something about myra or something like that,, was i to just call this guy and if so where is his contact info?

well its home and its not your normal tin can from Taiwan..they do have some good ideas on how to make a solid band saw, needs some cleaning and some tlc in the tires and guides but cuts well as she sits.. and i got 3 more inches of table with this as well..so here it is before tlc and will get a pic after tlc which may be awhile
tn_camra unload2 003.jpg

Nice looking machine Larry. I'm sure it'll do you good. FWIW, I replaced the tires on my old PM 141 with the polyurethane ones from Highland, they are supposed to not need gluing. One came off right away. Next time [they sent me a free replacement] I used some 3M spray adhesive. That one has held. You also might want to check out BCSaw.com, for blades - good blades and good prices.