Santa Clause IN

larry merlau

well santa showed up here in the northern redneck ville.. early!!! he was checking to see if was naughty or nice. i think.. :rolleyes:boy do i have him fooled:) :rofl: well we all know that steve has had alot good luck in the auctions and i was fortunate to have been on his shopping list.. he got a nice no.6 corrugated for me.. it has real nice wood, no cracks and the iron and the rest of the plane is real good shape.. the mouth was tight and square.. i think its a type 17, but maybe earlier.. has three patent dates and a tall knob, no raised platform.. and a rear frog adjuster..so thanks a bunch steve for the thoughtfulness on this and i will be gettin you a ck in the mail :) thanks again bud..:D:D:thumb::thumb:
oh and one more thing this will take care of the second part i already had the first part from ron hock.. so the two will soon be together and make some great curlys together.. gonna clean her up some and then put her to work..tn_no. 6 -steve.s 001.jpg

tn_no. 6 -steve.s 002.jpg

Glad it made it in one piece Larry.

I will admit, that has some of the best wood on it, I have seen. Of course I haven't seen many.

Enjoy and put it to good use.

Type 12 SW?

Last edited:
Woodworkers are some of the few people who appreciate getting old used stuff as a gift from Santa Clause (Indiana).

No. 6's are like the Rodney Dangerfield of planes - they get no respect. I like mine though and yours looks like a real diamond in the rough.

I think though Larry, you are sliding down the slope I've been on for a long while...before long you might be attending my planeaholics anonymous meetings.

the only plug it needs is for me to shut up and run it:) so it might be a twist lock,,as in arm style:) at least it will make a nice setup with the hock iron and chip breaker i had waiting on the shelf for it..just some cleaning and she will be ready to go..