Amazing shot by a police sharp shooter.

Don, I have seen that one on tv before. It never gets old seeing an excellent shot made!! I still can't believe he didn't lose at least one finger! On the show I saw it on, he talked to the officer that made the shot and commented something about a dang fine shot!

Ive seen it and every time it ticks me off.
Its been on REal TV a number of times.

why on earth would 50 police officers risk their lives when a guy clearly wants to off himself.
sniper had an exceptional shot and Id bet today hed even say maybe a little lucky.
Next time I hope they dont give the guy enough time to shoot or kill a police officer, or maybe hell miss the officers and hit some poor innocent person who is 3 blocks away.

Holy cow Allen, what if it were your family member there distraught over a kid of his that died? I can't remember what the situation was exactly, but he was distraught over something. Suicide by cop was a big problem when I was with the Sheriff's department years ago. I realize cops and bystanders (why do people want to stand and watch something like that in person?) were at risk, the cops because it is their job, the bystanders well because they were nosey! It is a good video of good cops doing an excellent job not lowering their standards or morals. Having been under cover of vehicles and obstacles with my gun drawn, I realize the adrenalin rush and really respect the guy that made the shot as well as the other guys that held thier fire waiting for a non lethal shot.
Now if the shooter ever says he was actually aiming for a headshot, then,,,,,,,,,,:eek:, :doh:, :huh:, :dunno:, :(.
Have a great day everyone!!! :thumb::thumb:

dont matter, I see no reason to make police officers jobs any riskier than they already are.
guy has a gun, ordered to put it down, thats it. end of story.
I have no feelings for people who point guns at police officers.
I have no feelings for people who commit crimes that endangers lives of police officers.

Snipers are highly trained and their rifles the envy of most shooters.
Great shot? Yes, but many snipers could have done it.
But, I'm with Allen. A miss might have put others in danger.

I won't get all crazy, but the shot should never been taken. Way to many uncontrolled variables. Puts all LOE's at risk for lawsuit's. It just shouldn't have been done.

I won't get all crazy, but the shot should never been taken. Way to many uncontrolled variables. Puts all LOE's at risk for lawsuit's. It just shouldn't have been done.

but think about how many law suits could been brought to the court because the sniper did not take the shot, the man could had decide to shoot a private citizen

Think about how many "Now" can be.

Why did you shoot the subject? Why did you just not use your weapon to disarm the suspect, like the video shows? Why did you feel you had to shoot the subject? It goes on and on.

A 175 or 168 grain projectile hitting a hardened piece of metal. What if the bullet ricocheted and hit a bystander. What if the weapon the subject was holding, exploded from the impact?

Sniper weapons are designed to kill, period. They and their operators are not trained to disarm, one weapon with another.

Guess you can tell I hate that video.

I heard on the news that New York is making police officers only shoot to disarm or wound criminals that are trying to kill them when they are in a gun battle.:eek::eek:

Really makes you want to be a cop in NY :bang:

I heard on the news that New York is making police officers only shoot to disarm or wound criminals that are trying to kill them when they are in a gun battle.:eek::eek:

Really makes you want to be a cop in NY :bang:

We are straying into a risky area here.
What New York is (reportedly) doing defies all common sense. A heated gun battle simply robs anyone, police or otherwise, from full control of his shooting abilities. A shot at the large center mass of an attacker is the most likely shot to hit, and stop, a criminal aggressor. Shooting the pistol out of a bad guys hands, sniper shot excepted, is movie stuff. A miss will most likely get the police officer killed.