Hello from Georgia

Chris Hatfield

Former Member (by the member's request)
I've been lurking for awhile, reading up on various projects and techniques, and thought it time to step out.

I got started early this year, although technically my first project was a dress-up armoire that I hacked together in the fall. Couldn't figure out how to put hinges in a closet door, and that first foray with a new router has turned into a huge investment in my time and money.

I didn't see a place in my profile to list what my shop is like, or what my equipment breakdown is, so I'll catalog it a little here. I'm pigeonholed in a 12x12 shed in my backyard, with no permanent power. This has been the summer of sweat. I have about 80% of the Ryobi One+ line, which the fan and radio keep me cooler and more entertained than I normally would be. I have a Craftsman 17543 router mounted in a DIY table, a Craftsman 21829 that sees plenty of use. A Hitachi C10FCE2 handles the miter duty, while a AP1300 turns the trick for planing. My most recent big purchase is a Ridgid DP15501 for getting accurate holes. My current dust collection is a vacuum and a dust separator.

I tend to ask a ton of questions, and I always have multiple projects going on at once. With three kids under five and a commute that sees my work day stretch into thirteen hours, I don't always get things done as fast as I would like. I'm currently building a UTS for the shop, and I have about 10 gifts I need to make for Christmas staring me in the face.

If anyone is interested in how I work in such a small space (BTW - I share it with the junk from the house too) and what I've worked on, just ask. I have a blog that's listed as my homepage if you're interested.

Thanks for stepping out of lurker status Chris, good to have you as member status:thumb: As Don said post pics of your shop in the shop tours, you most likely have some great set up ideas for others:thumb: And ask away, we all do, lots of knowledge here for the asking:)

I'll throw some older ones up in a bit, but I'll need to clear some dead weight out before some fresh ones can be taken. I'll explain in the thread.

welcome chris, we had a member here some time back with the same last name.. i believe he was in arkansas..might be a relative and your blood family as well and just one of the forum family:)

There is a Terry I'm related to, but I doubt he got into wood or Arkansas.

I don't believe I have any relation to the WV/Kentucky clans. I think we're from England by way of Tasmania.

Welcome: Photos are a must on the <Family forum>.

Just a heads up my mothers maiden name was McCoy!! :D

Paul

welcome, I think the the hatfield/mccoy of ky and west virginia are from England
I happen to be kin to the mccoy [may be different group ]