Completed Electric Guitar (pic heavy)

scott spencer

This is a hard tail electric guitar made for my oldest son....my 2nd guitar, and 2nd completed project of the year. The front is curly maple with green dye, the body is ash painted black. The finish is lacquer. Those interested in details of the build can find more info here. Completion time was about a month...roughly 70 hours. There are still a few adjustments to be made, and I need to fit cover for the jack, but it's working well so far.

completedguitar001.jpg

completedguitar004.jpg

completedguitar005.jpg

completedguitar007.jpg

completedguitar014.jpg

completedguitar015.jpg

completedguitar016.jpg

completedguitar024.jpg
completedguitar019.jpg

Great looking final pics of the guitar Scott:thumb: Man anyone would love to have that as their own. The only thing I can see that would have been neat to do is to have created a logo and had it inlayed in the head. Great job and luck son:)

Great job!

For your next one I agree with Tom, you might want to explore doing an inlay.

You could always get some decal paper and print a logo you could put on this one...

That is a sexy looking beast. Well done. Great body-style / color combination.

Took the words right out of my fingertips. It came out looking great, Scott. I really like the body shape, and your dye job looks fantastic. :clap: What does young "Shredder" Spencer think of it? :D

Thanks for the comments guys...much appreciated! "Junior" seems pretty happy with it, although he hasn't had much time with it since I finished it this morning....he worked until 5:30 and had a wedding practice to attend for a friend.

Brent - It's funny...I had originally thought about doing some inlay on the neck, but I lost some of my nerve once the reality set in of just how deep that water was getting! :eek:

Brent - It's funny...I had originally thought about doing some inlay on the neck, but I lost some of my nerve once the reality set in of just how deep that water was getting! :eek:

The printed decals are a pretty easy way to get something that looks good on there quick. The transparent ones are pretty, well, transparent, so white decals work better. It just alters the way you do your layout.

I've done a couple of headstocks with Mother of Pearl inlays, and while they don't look that great, I'm still glad I did them. They look ok from a foot or so away... :rolleyes: If you're interested, I'll post some pics...

Sound Clip

Thanks to Vaughn's ingenuity and generosity, we now have a couple of crude recordings of a "green horn" playing his green guitar! :eek: :D

The first file is recorded clean, the 2nd with the distortion gain at 10. The sequence for both starts with the neck pickup, then mid/neck, mid, mid/bridge, and bridge. The poor resolution of the recording process masks quite a bit of character differences, but it'll give you an idea of how it sounds.

The clean sound

The dirty sound

Fantastic Scott!:thumb: I followed your thread and applaud your effort and skill. Get that boy a TS-808, sit back and enjoy your effort :guitar::clap: