Its Friday and for the US folks a 3 day week end

Heading up to Lake Texhoma to see my parents. Mom has been beside herself that she couldn't come down while Glenna was in the hospital or home recuperating. So we'll take Glenna to her instead. Steaks for lunch tomorrow!!! Back home on Sunday afternoon. Was going to head southwest on Monday to pick back up the 2 pups that went to another foster home while Glenna was post surgery. But that changed to day, so I have that day to be in the shop. Just not sure what to do...yet.:thumb:Just finished the Kreg jig drop in for the multifunction bench. Might need to decide what goes there next and start designing that.
Have a safe weekend everyone! Jim.

well, I set goals that became impossible to keep.
I purchased the fabric last night, powerwashed the driveway last night, and prepared for this morning, after dinner last night.
I was pooped, but then I had a really bad night. Diverticulitis, and sleeping was bad, hardly any at all, sick this morning also, but I got up at 6, managed to get the driveway tar painted with my son, poly'ed 4 chairs, cut and fitted all the seat cushions, went to home depot picked up the 2x8s for the bed I thought Id start today, and also picked up a few 2x4s, since I always find needs for them. I just could not get my body to work after 4. It shut down.
Ill try to rest a bit,(myasthenia is worse when the body doesnt get enough sleep), I couldnt hold the staple gun before, my arm strength just went bye bye.
also got the 2 last chairs sanded up and ready for oiling.
Really wanted to cut that bed out of dimensional lumber today. Maybe tonight.On the way back from HD we stopped off at Sleepys and picked up the mattress.
Heres all the stuff I did get done, just proof for the weekend police.

Attachments

• bed 667 (Medium).jpg
    bed 667 (Medium).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 10
  • bed 676 (Medium).jpg
    bed 676 (Medium).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 9
  • bed 678 (Medium).jpg
    bed 678 (Medium).jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 11
  • bed 679 (Medium).jpg
    bed 679 (Medium).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 10
  • bed 680 (Medium).jpg
    bed 680 (Medium).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 10
Well today I've smoked a brisket, chicken and beef fajita meat, sausage and hotdogs on the grill. Inbetween I'm also running the stile and rails for the kitchen cabinet doors thru the surface planer. Didn't realize I had 42 raised panel doors on this half of the kitchen.:eek:

Well the weekend is half over but I've been working on some shaker boxes Saturday, went to Dollywood with the wife and kids Sunday (today) and hope to finish up my first 3 boxes on Monday.

Attachments

• shaker box 001 (Medium).jpg
    shaker box 001 (Medium).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2
  • shaker box 003 (Medium).jpg
    shaker box 003 (Medium).jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2
Well, Got the impeller replace on the boat motor yesterday, did a few other things.

Today was mostly urinated away due to running errands in town. Left at 8:30am didn't get back till 1:30. Unloaded the truck, cleaned the shop up a bit, moved a bunch of stuff around, but didn't actually get one single thing actually accomplished... :eek:

to add insult to injury, I realized I forgot something, so have to make another run to town tomorrow....

Been refinishing a buffet my wife bought. Was gonna start shooting finish today, but last night, going to bed I blew out a knee on the third or fourth step. Didn't break anything but sure feel like I wuz slid under the door. Hobblin' around like an old man today....heck, I'm only 63 with the body of a 90 year old.:rofl: Old age is terrible.......especially this early.