RIP, Fuzz

Oh boy this is a tough one. Sorry to hear about it Vaughn. Condolences to your wife she must really be feeling his passing.

Now you will have to find another to take in and care for.:thumb:

Ditto what the others have said. It takes a special dedication to adopt a special needs rescue dog. We've had several go through our program, and to a T, every family that has adopted them are very special people. And I think that they would all tell you they got more from the dog than they gave. Somehow I feel you are in that group. Thanks for what you and your wife were able to do for one of these animals! Jim

Vaughn, I'm so sorry for your loss. We came very close to losing our own dog this summer so I know it really pulls at your heart. You took very good care of him and gave him a better life. I'm sure he knew he was loved.

Tom

Thanks for the sentiments, all. I'll be sure to pass them on to LOML (when she gets to the point where I can actually talk about Fuzz without starting up the waterworks). :rolleyes: We've both been through it before with other dogs, and we know we'll go through it again in the future.

Rob, we're not in a hurry to get another one right now. We've still got two rescues, and that's all the dogs a person can pet at a time. ;)

Mine passed away in June and I still can't talk about him without getting upset.
The new puppy, Bandit, is a happy little guy but I haven't formed the attachment like I had with Razz yet.

Mine passed away in June and I still can't talk about him without getting upset.
The new puppy, Bandit, is a happy little guy but I haven't formed the attachment like I had with Razz yet.

Yeah, that can be hard. Lost my two best black lab buddies in a year and couldn't stand the quiet. So I got the biggest most rambunctious yellow lab I could find. I love her, but she still doesn't quite fill the hole the other two labs dug into my heart. But she does make me laugh a lot... :thumb:

Gave her a bath last night and after today I'm wondering why I bothered. She managed to find a big pile of dirt to roll in and she's as dirty as she ever was....:eek: