Shots from Saturday

Ned Bulken

p95712220-3.jpg

'55 chevrolet 2 door wagon (ok, old iron guys & gals, can you give me the model? I didn't catch it, but it is Not a Nomad)

55 chevy slideshow

Greg tells me that it is a Chevy Belair... thanks Greg, I'm a little hazy on cars built before '64 for Some reason or another....;)

I also had another fireworks show to shoot last night... I set up early and was playing around with settings etc... when I caught this starscape... 30 second exposure for you lens types.

p253875802-4.jpg

Gallery for those who are interested.
p279938884-3.jpg

it was pretty windy, and they set them all off on a relatively short fuse.... one shell with a pretty hefty boomer didn't even clear the trees... I was thinking... I hope that cleared the rest of the display when it went off, but the show just kept right on going, so I guess nothing too spectacular happened.

Last edited:
That's a pretty if pretty is the right word for that Chevy... my first car was a few years newer, but my mom and her husband had a '55 Chevy... I think it was a Belvedere too.... too far back to be certain... I do remember it was pink and grey two tone...

Maybe I got it right....... Bel Aire. Not positive but pretty shur.
Interesting feature is this station wagon is it is only two door.

Frank,
Thanks for the jog... my post above said Mom's care was a Belvedere... it was a Bel Aire... you're older than me so should know better, but think Chevy had both the Bel Aire - a slightly higher end model and the Belvedere, more of a stripped model... most of the add-ons were chrome and two tone paint jobs on the Bel Aire's I think... '55 was before I started driving.

BTW my first car was a '59 Chevy Impala... Red and white, with fender skirts and an "Okie" rake on it... lowered about 4 inches in the rear end. At 80 miles across the San Joaquin valley around Bakersville on highway 99 the tail would lift because of the "wings" on the back end... kinda fun driving when the wind hits crossways and the back end starts to swing around in a yaw. :rofl:

Frank,
Thanks for the jog... my post above said Mom's care was a Belvedere... it was a Bel Aire... you're older than me so should know better, but think Chevy had both the Bel Aire - a slightly higher end model and the Belvedere, more of a stripped model... most of the add-ons were chrome and two tone paint jobs on the Bel Aire's I think... '55 was before I started driving.

BTW my first car was a '59 Chevy Impala... Red and white, with fender skirts and an "Okie" rake on it... lowered about 4 inches in the rear end. At 80 miles across the San Joaquin valley around Bakersville on highway 99 the tail would lift because of the "wings" on the back end... kinda fun driving when the wind hits crossways and the back end starts to swing around in a yaw. :rofl:

Don't get me started on car stories from the 50s. ;)
BTW, my first car was a '48 Oldmobile with teardrop back end. Straight eight that could be out dragged by a Model T (they Hydromatic transmission should have been called Slushomatic.) but kept winding up speed with no apparent top end.

I believe Belvedere was made by Plymouth, not Chevy. The three levels of Chevy for that time period, IIRC, were Impala, Bel Air, Biscayne

Last edited:
Very close... 46. Sharons Dad bought it brand new off the lot in 1946 after the ware ended.

I've been pretending to restore it for the last 11 years...

p1046320367-4.jpg

Watertown 24, Chittenango 6. :(

Brent & Sharon, Cool old chevy, can't wait to see her finished!

p861287185-2.jpg

p563085366-4.jpg

they're not happy, but they played well!

p1046269720-2.jpg

Shaken up on the play #74 Patrick Donner (my stepson, and my wife (looking concerned in the background) is the EMT on duty for our home games)

Lots more from the past 2 weeks in this gallery

Last edited: