A bed in 2 hours-the most UNFLATTERING shot ever posted on FW

allen levine

So I got up nice and late today, and was prompted to get busy and make a bed since my daughter will be spending tonight at my home. The bed was meant for a temporary bed for a senior relative of my wife visiting for a week that we didnt want to put on an inflatable bed. We purchased a quality mattress so when I have time, I would build a nice simple bed out of some hardwood and make some matching bedroom furniture.
And its a beautiful day, 72 degrees, and after I finished cutting and assembling, before I sanded it down a bit(no staining today, since she needs it for tonight), I took a nap, and my wife thought it was a good idea to take a shot of that. bet ned's jealous he cant get a shot of everything nasty like this., like my big fat tucus, my huge mid region, and then, to cap it all off, the entire area of my bald spot. Bravo to my wife. Thought this was too funny not to share.
Btw, the bed will hold 2 of me, its built to last 3 lifetimes out of regular borg dimensional lumber, and if I didnt use plywood, total costs around 28.00.(not including glue or screws, screws which were recycled anyway)

Attachments

• bed 681 (Medium).jpg
    bed 681 (Medium).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Ill post a picture of the bed made later, I have to go sand it for 10 minutes, put up my tent/canopy, clean up shop, and get ready for my afternoon company and bbq. My house, but Im not cooking. :thumb::D

Wow...Allen is big and balding? Who knew? Good thing all the rest of us here are in perfect shape with gorgeous, full heads of hair. :rofl:

Your 2-hour bed does indeed look nice and stout. Well done.:thumb: Enjoy the company.

[Sung to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme song]

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful guest
Who stayed with the Levines one week,
to try and get some rest.

The host was a mighty woodworker,
who started seeing red
the day his wife took a pic of him
on his two hour bed, the two hour bed.

The weather started getting nice,
the temps were finally down
so Allen put things in high gear
b'fore the guest got to town, before she got to town.

The bed's now sitting in the house on the middle of Long Isle
with Al Levine...
his family, too.
Some other guests and their wives,
will be coming soon for barbeque,
and leaving with a smile.

(With apologies to George Wylie and Sherwood Schwartz...)

Oh Vaughn you have way too much time on your hands. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

[Sung to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme song]

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful guest
Who stayed with the Levines one week,
to try and get some rest.

The host was a mighty woodworker,
who started seeing red
the day his wife took a pic of him
on his two hour bed, the two hour bed.

The weather started getting nice,
the temps were finally down
so Allen put things in high gear
b'fore the guest got to town, before she got to town.

The bed's now sitting in the house on the middle of Long Isle
with Al Levine...
his family, too.
Some other guests and their wives,
will be coming soon for barbeque,
and leaving with a smile.

(With apologies to George Wylie and Sherwood Schwartz...)

First bed I made was in my first apartment in the Bronx. I was about 21. It was all particleboard, and full sized. Came time to move, and...it wouldn't pass through the door. Nice bed you made there, Allen. And kudos to the photographer, for grabbing such a special "Kodak moment."

Last edited:
I made sure the headboard posts would fit through the front door, figured wed angle it through the bedroom door.
Didnt work, theres a support post in the hall and that prevented us turning the bed to get into the small bedroom. We were off about 1 inch. I took the bed out on the front lawn and zapped 2 inches off the top of the headboard side posts.
we havent cleaned out the bedroom, its a mess, my daughter doesnt care, she just needs a bed to crash in now and then, but it looks a bit better with sheets and comforter, and NOT me on it.

Attachments

• bed 684 (Medium).jpg
    bed 684 (Medium).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited: