Seeking adhesive backed stencils?

Jeff Horton

I know somewhere out there someone knows a company that makes these. I want to have some stencils cut on an adhesive material that I can apply, paint and then peel the stencil off. I have Googled everything I can think of but I have yet to find anyone making (cutting) these but I can find the materials to make my own.

Anyone help me?

What about using the spray adhesive the decorators use when using stencils to paint objects on a wall? Spray it, stick it, paint it, pull it up, go again. Would work even better on a non textured surface. Jim.

edit: What about the vinyl sign/lettering companies? They would just have to peel off the object and leave the background. Just opposite of what they usually do.

Last edited:
You'd think it would be easier to find? I just renovated my honda motor. The paint had peeled and I ordered some vinyl decals online to restore it.

Maybe talk to a vinyl sign/decal maker? Not sure the decals would work so good as the surface is very flexible, but they ought to be able to cut something out of some sticky material.

Alternatively, you could make your own stencils and use a low-tack adhesive to hold them on while you paint?

I have to go back to the sign shop and I am going to ask him to look into it assuming he doesn't have something.

I can't use a mylar stencil. Can't make the shapes I want. There are center pieces so it needs to be stick on.

The decals I got come in 3 layers. A wax backer, the decal, and a clear cover.

You remove the wax backer, soak things up, position it, and squeegee it. Then a little later you remove the clear cover, which keeps everything in place.

Just an fyi...

My daughter has one of those Cricket Scrapbook cutter machines. She can cut most any shape. And there is an adhesive backed material that you can obtain... Check that out.