Southern Illinois

Doug DeVore

Hello all-

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am going to head down to the shop in the next week or so and start getting it ready for the up coming woodworking season :) (really fall and winter for me).

I've built a few things, but nothing really awesome just yet. Pretty much your typical dining room table, end table, cedar chest and other minor things. Looking to build a pool table and do a set of cabinets in the near future.

Here is a pic of my latest project....kind of :p
5.jpg

Kind of also dig felling trees. Pics of the first log I processed...
first_log.jpg

Hey guys thanks!

@Jonathan I am down around the Anna, Carbondale area.

@Jeff, that was an old poplar log I had laying around for a while. It seems I spalted it without really trying :) Not much into turning yet, but I am hopeful to be one day.

@Darren - Love the avatar...great sign. Could use a few of those in the shop!

Welcome Doug hope you enjoy your stay:thumb:. You fulfilling one of my other ambitions building that cabin. How long you been at it. How about posting a shop tour to introduce yourself. You gonna use that log seing its spalted would produce some nice boards no?:thumb:

Hello Bob- I have been building the cabin for about a year now. It's been a blast, but also very time consuming. Being a father of 3 under the age of 7 and working full-time really put a crimp on getting anything done. About a month ago I finally gave in and hired some help to get things done a little faster. We should have it in the dry in the next couple of weeks (fingers crossed). Looking forward to building the cabinets and a few other odds and ends projects for it....

Hey Doug you have got to give us updates on this build should be great. Really dont know how you manage it with young kids today. But i figure getting them out and around it will be best education can be.:thumb: