Wall Hanging - IT'S FINISHED and not a wall hanging anymore!!

Jeff Bower

Sorry for the bad pic, but our home computer internet connection has been down for about 2wks and I can only upload pics via my phone.

This a first for me...a wall hanging. I'm not sure it's done yet. I think I want to add some sort of carving to the outer rim and maybe staining a small area in the center as well. What do ya'll think? :dunno:

I cut the exterior on my small bandsaw and as you can see it's not perfectly round, that was left on purpose. It's about 12" wide and 2" thick. It's spalted maple with the edges and textured part stained with some dark walnut stain I had left over from a refinishing project.

Comments and critiques please

Attachments

• p_00011.jpg
    p_00011.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
+1 on leaving it as is. You may have some execellent ideas to develop this piece further but if you are not absolutly sure then it is likely time to stop. Leaving a little room for imagination can be a good thing.

+1 on leaving it as is. You may have some execellent ideas to develop this piece further but if you are not absolutly sure then it is likely time to stop. Leaving a little room for imagination can be a good thing.

Dennis, that is what I decided as well. Sometimes you have to stop before you mess it up! DAMHIKT. :doh:

Thanks for all the kind words as well!

Well here is the finished piece. The base is a hunk of rough sawn oak that I took from my dad's wood stash in KS before they move up here to IA. I used the same walnut stain on it as the "mushroom". The rods are brass that I salvaged from dumpster about 5 years ago...I just knew I could use them for something. :rolleyes:

Again sorry for the cell phone pic, but it's all I have right now.

Comments and Critiques please!

Attachments

• p_00028.jpg
    p_00028.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 25