Still More Fun with BS DC Tuning

glenn bradley

I made this little box out of some scraps. The 1" rare earth magnets really give it a grip and the trunnions and table tilt hardware create a good "back" wall for the box.

G0513X-DC-Add 001.jpgG0513X-DC-Add 002.jpgG0513X-DC-Add 003.jpgG0513X-DC-Add 004.jpgG0513X-DC-Add 005.jpg

It comes off an on quick and easy for blade changes. The difference in dust on the table is pretty substantial. Well worth the 15 minutes I took making it and the 24hrs I waited for the magnet glue to dry.

Attachments

• G0513X-DC-Add 006.jpg
    G0513X-DC-Add 006.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 99
  • G0513X-DC-Add 007.jpg
    G0513X-DC-Add 007.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I made this little box out of some scraps. The 1" rare earth magnets really give it a grip and the trunnions and table tilt hardware create a good "back" wall for the box.

View attachment 49063View attachment 49064View attachment 49065View attachment 49066View attachment 49067

It comes off an on quick and easy for blade changes. The difference in dust on the table is pretty substantial. Well worth the 15 minutes I took making it and the 24hrs I waited for the magnet glue to dry.

Ohhhh now i see it! good one!

Glenn nice mod you sure are a detailed guy. Great place to put something like that. When you see what you have done and think of a piece of metal you wonder why the manufacturers aint done something like that.

On my Delta the dust collection shut is all the way down on the top of the base underneath the lower wheel. I have not got it hooked up yet but dont understand why they want to drag the dust all the way down there instead of taking it out where its made.:huh:

Thanks for the tip i add some tags to find it later.:thumb:

don't understand why they want to drag the dust all the way down there instead of taking it out where its made.:huh:

Thanks for the tip i add some tags to find it later.:thumb:

I used to just have the hose (rigid flex) just positioned in the general area under the table. That along with the stolen idea from an Italian saw I . . . uh, saw at a show,

Throat-insert.jpg

makes the dust that gets to the lower part of the cabinet really minimal. After a few months of use I had a teaspoon or so of dust down there. I finally put a piece of sheet magnet over the lower hole and removed the hose.

With this simple addition under the table I imagine I can go quite awhile without having to blow any dust out from below. I change blades often enough to keep track at any rate. I really like the magnet method of holding it on. Takes less time to put in place than setting a hammer on the bench ;).

Now if only my smaller saws outer skin wasn't fiberglass . . . .

Last edited: