Garage "Condo"

Well Darren thanks for that big detour. More time gone that i could have been in my shop:rofl: Wow now I have something to show loml and convince her i am tame and absolutely normal with my shop.

i am wondering if that shop will ever get used or see any grease. Seems to me a little like a womans fancy kitchen that is for show but no cooking?:huh:

Bit over the top to me. I mean he spent somewhere in the region of 220K just for the shell. Then he had someone do all the interior. Thats a pretty penny spent in there.

Why could he not find 5 acres with a huge barn or shed on it already.:dunno:

Even if he found a house on 5 acres he probably build a place for $30 a sq ft if he did it the normal way.

Rob, I don't think normal fits into any of that anywhere.

If I ever build my true dream shop, I think I could compete. Hickory floors and brick interior walls, just to give you a taste.

I was also think it could be a pad where he meets the significant other as well. :)

Hey Steve i too have crazy dreams but there is a logic here that dont make sense to me. If you having to debate the aspect of selling the house etc Then i dont see that the kind of money that I would need to have to indulge my crazy dreams is around.

But hey its a free country, at least the last time i checked, so each to his own. Just hope next week the guy can still make the payments and aint into the tax payer for a subsidy to keep his house.:huh:

But hey its a free country, at least the last time i checked, so each to his own. Just hope next week the guy can still make the payments and aint into the tax payer for a subsidy to keep his house.:huh:

First, I've never heard of a place like this, and I also can't fathom putting that kind of glitz into a hobby work-on-your car garage.

BUT, and the big but, is that I have to admire the person who thought it up. Clearly there was a market for it. And I've heard more than once that a good way to go into business is to target folks who have money, and the residence of that auto-condo CLEARLY have disposable income!

...art