Fridays here

Tonight we have our nephew for a spend over with our daughter.

Tomorrow I get some shop time in the morning to finish up my new lathe tool/grinder cab and cut up some blanks. Then we will watch the IA State v. Iowa football game out at a friends farm with a bonfire and cookout to follow. FALL is HERE!!!

Steve...you gonna make it thru the winter with no auctions? Do you recognize withdrawal symptoms?:rofl::rofl:
Meanwhile, I'm working on the buffet refinish for loml. My first try at French Polish so I'm kinda sneaking up on it. She is happy so far so guess I'll be OK.:wave:

Today and tonight...LA County Fair. Saturday...last-minute Viking prop construction for my BIL. Sunday...who knows?

I'm going to have that long overdue budget session with the exchequer... and we're going to set the punch list on the house. Quotes for the new roof sometime next week, then it is time for renovation. July is coming and we have a ton of work to do.

It's another 3 day weekend for me. Going appliance shopping tonight, Nebraska Furniture Mart is having a 30 month no interest deal. Picking up a friends trailer tomorrow and loading up tools Saturday or Sunday morning. Take possession of the house on Sunday afternoon, so hauling most them over and starting on projects there, same for Monday.

Same things I was supposed to finish last weekend.:doh::doh:

Except for tomorrow - spending the entire day in a class on starting your own business given by the Small Business Administration and SCORE.

Working on the pie safe I started Saturday. Sunday going to my daughters house out by the seacoast for a cook out.
Steve has got me so interested in auctions that I've been searching the local papers every day for one. I'm not sure why but there used to be 4 or 5 old time auction houses around here but they have closed up. Can't find one anywhere.

Same things I was supposed to finish last weekend.:doh::doh:

And the weekend before that for me!:doh::doh::doh:

Yes, Sharon I am still waiting to finish the fence. I just need to install the fence cap, the top piece that runs along the entire top of the fence. It is 2"x6" cedar that is milled to have a slight crown on the top so water does not puddle on it. I have 14' sections that I am going to scraf join together and I will miter the corners. I was going to use my portable circular saw to cut the crown, but it did not have enough cut depth. So I spent the previous weekend getting room set up and enough support to run them through the table saw. Got it all set up and broke the belt. By the time I got it fixed the rains came. I have to cut them with the garage door open. It has been raining off and on since. This weekend does not look any better!

The painter is coming Monday and the guy I hired to cut off and replace the rotten gable fascia board, called in sick today. So it looks like I will be the one to get up on that high peaked roof and replace it this weekend. I sure did not want to do anymore high work! :(

LOML recovering from yet another setback surgery yesterday. Starting to develop an infection, had to remove one of the expanders so after Chemo, will have to replace that and start all over on that side. Also throws off starting Chemo by a week or two.
Have a friend coming over Sunday with some wood for me to cut so she can make another grooming table. She will wash and maybe groom our 2 dogs while she is here. Watching the Rangers and the Yankees tonight. Was headed into the 10th when I came in here. Need to get back and see where it is. Hope you all have a great weekend! Jim.

Yesterday was my regular Saturday Farmer's Market... and a total bust... we set up in the rain, it rained all morning long, there was about 6 people out and about at the market and they were Oregon Ducks who probably brought the rain with them to make them feel at home..:rofl:

When it finally did stop raining another 10 or 12 people came out .. more Ducks .. (University of Tennessee played the Oregon Ducks in Neyland Stadium last night... and played is a loose term... lost 48 to 13)... I finally made one (1) (Uno) sale to a girl from Arkansas?? of one lowly wine stopper... only about 3 $$ short of making the booth fee.

About 2 pm when the market ended, the rain had stopped and the sun was shining and the wife was mad (she was wet and miserable - which made me miserable), the drive home was gorgeous... bright sunshine all the way, until about 7 pm... the storm started again, cable went out, the internet went out, fortunately the lights didn't.... so we took a nap in the easy chairs until the game came back on.... 1/2 way through the first quarter, lightening struck around the stadium and they sent the players to the lockerroom for 1/2 an hour.

Was a good day! NOT!

Today, I have to unload the truck and check the merchandise to make sure nothing got put away wet, then I'll kick back and wait for the Titans game.

I trust you will post pictures when it's officially done :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Keep safe on that roof :wave::wave:

Looks like it will have to wait until next weekend. I had issues with my "subs" on Saturday, but I did manage to get all the top cap bevel cuts done on the table saw yesterday before it started raining. There was quite a pile of sawdust after running 64 feet of 2"x6" through the saw, twice. I had to take it slow and steady with that 1 1/2 HP motor on the saw. The wife took some pictures and I will post when I get back home.

Of course it is raining today, so the install will have to wait. I went to the office to work since it is raining. I have a few deadlines coming up and need the extra time.