How to get a free meal...

Art Mulder

It works like this:

First, you need to invite your beloved out to a fine meal.
We chose to dine at East Side Marios. :thumb:

Leave the kids at home with a frozen pizza and a DVD and sneak off for your Friday-night date.

Next, make your choice and order your meal. Perhaps enjoy a beverage and some appetizers while waiting and making conversation.

Finally, and here is the tricky part... Arrange for your Waitress to dump your plate of Veal Parmigiana so that almost half of it lands in your lap. :doh:

Try to react with humour and gracefulness and the meal is yours.

Next time, try to arrive a little more hungry, and then you might be also able to enjoy a dessert with your free meal.

Art, would it work with lasagna? :D

Another method that's worked for me:

Take the cable tram to High Finance restaurant at the top of Sandia Peak east of Albuquerque.

Order the green chile stew.

Find a cigarette butt in the stew.

Mention it casually to the waitress, who alerts the manager.

Accept manager's profuse apologies and the comp for all four meals and drinks at the table.

Vaughn... I'm not sure I would have been able to eat there after a find like that!!! :eek:

As for the Lasagna. Cleaning some Penne Pasta off my lap wasn't too bad -- good thing I wore some black denim pants. But Lasagna might have been a bit hot!

Vaughn, perchance you have any idea from whence that butt came?

I remember Abbie Hoffman's book "Steal This Book" in which he advised the customer to bring a dead cockroach into the restaurant, and place it in the plate midway through dinner.

Then there's the old joke, what's worse than finding a worm in your sandwich? Finding half a worm. Sorry for the hijack.

Or the sit down to dinner with friends. Order meal have drinks waiting for said meal. Waitress delivers said meal by dumping in the laps of 2 of the people at the table. Both take it in stride and no fuss is made over it. new meal arrives manager comes over and throws us all out. expecting full compaction for the meals both the ones on the floor and the ones we eat. Cops come and side with us meal and drinks for all 8 free.

Vaughn... I'm not sure I would have been able to eat there after a find like that!!! :eek:...

Yeah, it pretty much put the brakes on dinner that night, and I don't expect to go back. (It's a relatively fancy place with prices to match.)

Vaughn, perchance you have any idea from whence that butt came?...

I'm not sure, but the manager went back into the kitchen and raised a serious commotion with the cooking staff.