Don't forget Patriot day 9/11

I sat with a buddy of mine, his daughter, oldest of three kids, called her mother (his wife) on a cell phone to tell her she was out of the subway and started to say something else and phone went dead. Somewhere in that crowd of runners she was in there. Late that night before she found a phone that worked to call her mom and dad to say she was alright. Will never forget that day.

I will never ever forget. My flag(s) fly every day.
I was with a customer on our way from the Bronx to the Brooklyn Navy yard to demonstrate a new product to a modular home builder.

I was in Secaucus NJ that morning and could see the smoke from the first tower as I got to the office. I was in a Home Depot at the time of the first strike.

We were on the Nextel walki-talki with someone from our NY office when the second plane hit. We could hear the impact over the Nextel - they were transmitting at the time. Our office is in SOHO, which isn't that close to WTC.

A co-workers husband worked for Cantor-Fitgerald and she was obviously distraught as the news came out as to what had occurred.

I left work when the first tower collapsed and made my way home.

People I work with were stuck in the massive traffic jam on the New Jersey Turnpike. You could see the entire situation unfold from there so people were frozen in horror.

The next day I pulled over on I-78 as a string of 30+ ambulances made their way towards the Holland Tunnel.

I haven't yet been to Ground Zero and I'm not sure that I want to go.

I can't post any more of my thoughts on this or this thread will go political and there is no point in that.

Peace

Jim

My wife had a co-worker that was visiting their home office that day. They believe that she was about where the second plane hit. We were told to go home early that day. My wife decided to pull the kids out of school for the day and the folks at the school thought she was crazy...didn't matter to her, she just wanted to hold the kids and spend time with them that day.

Flag is out, like always. Will be remembering all those who have fallen...and "Thank you" to those that are serving.

my sisters lifelong friend and my friend glen was murdered that day by a bunch of cowards. (he worked in the building)
and living in south nassau, we had quite a bit of families who lost a member of their family, in our school district and in every school district around us.
and working in queens, there were just so many funerals honoring all the firemen that were murdered on that day also.
I will never forget it. and I hope the lowlife cowards that assisted the murderers get paid back one day in spades.

Last edited:
I'll never forget it. It was first period and I was teaching a biology class to freshman/sophomores in high school. The principal came by and said I needed to turn on my TV. There was a lot of crying that day from everyone. I remember one girl came up and just rapped her arms around me.