is it a Silver lining???

larry merlau

tom, made a comment the other day about how some folks seem to trip over nice wood some days,, well i might be tripping again but need to hear from you folk on what to do.. i have a lead on a 54" base silver maple that is around 6ft to the first crotch and there are 3 or four of them there.. that go up and make more crotches above.. so here is my diliema, i got to much wood, but its like like walking past a bakery and not buying a donut..i think them spinny guys like turning maple and this stump log could have some real nice stuff in it.. as for the baby crotches thats just spinny folk tender.. so what say yee great wize ones?? i would need to have it slabbed, but that is within a hour from where the tree is..could even get some lumber logs out of this..tight qtrs and got to drive in detroit area to get it:eek::eek:

but alan,, yu dont understand.. my house doesnt have room for any more:) and i cant jump this high any more and not sure i could when i was younger.. but i can see some real nice white figure in this one.. it should have curl for sure..

I'm going to be coming out to northern Indiana in 6 to 8 weeks to move my pretty lady back to Idaho - we'll be renting a truck. I'm sure I could come up to your place prior to loading and relieve you of a few boards.:D

I vote get it. Just build a quick little shed and store it, or cover it with a tarp and sell it. Be a shame to let it go away..

I put this together this weekend and am in the process of filling it up.

I don't have nearly the wood problem you have, but my wood is taking up too much space in the garage, winter is coming, and I need to store it somewhere. I'm going to put a roof on it and seal up the sides and it will be my winter wood storage unit...

attachment.php

Attachments

• woodstoragepreview.jpg
    woodstoragepreview.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 98
I say go for it. If you have to store it outside. As long as your total out of pocket ain't too bad, you should come out OK, I would think.

And don't even talk about being out of room. It's not funny.

Larry you have a very nice stockpile of wood there, but if there's any way you can squeeze the maple in, seems to me you should. Rennie and Tom seem like they'll help you out too.

I never thought I'd say this, but I was cleaning out the garage today and even stacking it better, I don't have any room there. Ths shed's the same way. I'll have to work through the winter so I can possibly get some new in the spring. --------------- Wood, that is!

Bruce

My bet is you will make a plan either way.:D;) You addicted to wood. So their aint no stopping you. Ask Jonathan to get you some of those mint bins he has. You got lots of space to store this stuff then.:D

Since no one has said it...Let me take some of the old wood off your hands to make room for the new...:D

I think I'd go with the blue tarp idea. I've seen pics of your place...looks like there's plenty of room to stack around.

we are waiting for the tree guy to get back with us on the moving of it to a trailer for us or not the room is tight where it is at.. still leaning towards gettin it but havnt heard any new news..