My wife has a sense of humor

allen levine

During a dinner conversation, she told me once I retire I will have time to really get serious and get going on projects I promised her.

So I thought to myself, I only got me a planer and jointer to work with hardwoods back in Nov of 08,(or somewhere about then) so about 2 years ago.

Then I looked at the list of what I built since then, the past 2 years.
2 dining room tables
12 chairs to go with those
2 buffet/server units
1 hall table
2 radiator covers, cut for 2 more, but people backed out
3 coffee tables
5 end tables
1 lingerie cabinet
1 queen sized bed
1 dresser
1 night stand
1 entertainment/tv unit
1 vanity
1 jewelry box with legs
6 or so decorative boxes(like a watch box, and small jewelry boxes)
24 or so cutting boards
At least 24 adirondack chairs the past 2 years, not all were hardwoods, most were pressure treated lumber
1 small closet unit
And during this period I re painted my entire downstairs of my home, put up all new molding, took down one wall and built a small handrail/post
And assited my son with his new home, put up moldings there, assisted with the bedroom floor, painting.

She thinks Ive been goofing off?
I had to run my business and deal with myasthenia and the home infusion stuff that ties me up every month.
This is why I love that woman.

Last edited:
at first I thought, maybe shes trying to work me to death, and collect my life insurance, but then realized I dont have life insurance anymore.
I just might get in my car and take a trip for a day, or two, or 8, or 20.

at first I thought, maybe shes trying to work me to death, and collect my life insurance, but then realized I dont have life insurance anymore.
I just might get in my car and take a trip for a day, or two, or 8, or 20.

Well Allen, If ya decide to come west there's always a spare bed here for ya. Jan or Feb is a good time for ya to come to Phoenix..

Last edited:
And after you swing by Phoenix, Come up here to Reno, I've got more than a few projects I could use some help with! :rofl:

Don't worry, Allen. Once you get the hang of this woodworking stuff, you should be able to actually get a project done every once in a while. :rofl:

I get worn out just reading your completed project list. :p You are indeed Allen Levine the Woodworking Machine. :D

I'm just wondering...Are you sure the projects were suppose to be woodworking related?

What she said..." I wish you'd stop leaving your clothes laying around!"

What he heard..."I want you to build a dresser..."

What she said..."I wish you'd help out with the dishes!"

What he heard..."I want you to build me a buffet..."

:D

I'm just wondering...Are you sure the projects were suppose to be woodworking related?

What she said..." I wish you'd stop leaving your clothes laying around!"

What he heard..."I want you to build a dresser..."

What she said..."I wish you'd help out with the dishes!"

What he heard..."I want you to build me a buffet..."

:D

does that mean, when she says, organize the bathroom, he reaches for the outhouse plans? :rofl::rofl::rofl: